Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

patter said:
Just received my Gimbal and connected it to my computer. Ran SIMPLE BGC GUI 2.40 b8 and tried to connect after selecting COM3. This happened - "GUI version board version mismatch Firmware version: 0.53 b4 GUI version; 2.40 b8" Probably something I'm doing wrong but I've no idea. Can anyone help?

You want this one: SimpleBGC_GUI_2_2b2 follow the link below and choose the 2.2b2. Taco uses a basecam compatible controller but the firmware is not upgradeable.

http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/8bit/

Thanks for that. Eventually found and downloaded and it worked fine. Loaded onto the gimbal and it acted like a demented chicken. Read through some more posts and found that I had set the Z and -Y wrong. Once changed, everything normal. Thanks again for the answer

Your video is really not too bad,considering the wind you had. I put the sponge earplugs in the white dampers and initially tightened the screws too tight. It's a testing effort to get the "tightness" correct.

Nsrwholesale said:
Finally set up a youtube account... Here is my first flight with taco gimbal after physically installing the gimbal, setting gains to 0 like mentioned in the instructions in DJI Assistant, and loaded the taco 3d profile through basecam as mention on first page..

Here is video: http://youtu.be/2-qqnZoURMY

let me know what you think... I see some "jello" in the video which I think is caused by the fact that Taco RC forgot to ship the damper protector screws and I had to go to home depot to buy screws (which were used in this video) until the ones from Taco RC come in the mail...

Still waiting on the missing screws from Taco RC.... How far are your screws in for best results?

And what HD setting are you guys using when filming???

I've now got about 1/8" of screw threads showing with the 1" screws. Not really tight. Weather and travel has notallowed me to do a lot of testing yet.

Nsrwholesale said:
Still waiting on the missing screws from Taco RC.... How far are your screws in for best results?

And what HD setting are you guys using when filming???

taco-RC users be careful at the sun
I found that the plastic the gimbal / motor supports are printed with
start to soften around 40 Celsius and the gimbal will change shape

but luckily can be fixed with the hair dryer

urgno said:
taco-RC users be careful at the sun
I found that the plastic the gimbal / motor supports are printed with
start to soften around 40 Celsius and the gimbal will change shape

but luckily can be fixed with the hair dryer
Yikes! I bet this made you nervous for a moment! Thanks for the warning!

GLOCKer said:
Yikes! I bet this made you nervous for a moment! Thanks for the warning!
yes indeed ... after leaving the box (upside down) at the sun for some time, I found the camera almost touching the bottom of the vision
my first thought was "am I drunk" ? :mrgreen:
second thought "**** **** **** ... " :evil:

then tried with hair dryer and in just few moments the plastic was soft again and put it back in right shape :roll: whew

I have to turn phantom on and off a couple times as well to get my gimbal to finally be somewhat in the correct position.

I probably read over it, but what does the tiny white button on the gimbal electronic board do?

My gimbal is slow to level out after I yaw the phantom in a different direction
Any suggestions on settings to try out?

Re: Απ: Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Take a look at the screws that hold motors inside their cases.my screws war crookedly and motor touched the motorcase and it was difficult to rotate.I screw it correct and now working fine.both motors screws was loosen after only 4 flights..I m not satisfied with the quality of this gimbal.But if everything is ok it works perfect...until something got loose again.But when I contacted to taco people they answer quickly and try to help if a problem occur

Maybe someone can help me because I am at wit's end.

I installed the gimbal today and immediately took it out with only doing the adjustments in the DJI Assistant software. The gimbal would point the camera up and down...not really behave even after using my phone to aim the camera.

I then landed and downloaded the USB drivers and BCG app and uploaded the Taco Supreme V3 profile. I took it out for one flight and it was brilliant! The only thing I noticed was there was every so slightly some camera bobbing up and down (wasn't that bad, though).

I brought the Phantom back inside and tried a different profile. That's when things got bad. The camera would bob up and down and jitter. I tried going back to the regular Taco Supreme V3 profile (yes, I have been clicking "write") and it hasn't changed the behaviour.

I've played with this thing for HOURS. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me?

I have just about had it with this gimbal! I've been fiddling with it now for the better part of 14 hours. I am now running Slackers gimbal profile. The **** thing works beautifully for a few minutes until I get any sort of altitude. As soon as I'm about 200 feet or more in the air the gimbal goes haywire.

It starts bobbing up-and-down, tilting all the way from the top and then all the way down to the bottom. When I land, it corrects itself and stops doing this. I don't know what to do! I've battled with this thing, and I can't seem to get any satisfaction.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause the gimbal to behave this way? Like I said, it starts off perfectly and I think I finally nailed it and then a few minutes later it starts going crazy.

My parameters are

ROLL
P: 10, I: 0.1, D:16

PITCH
P:10, I: 0.08, D: 17

ROLL POWER: 120

PITCH POWER: 100

I'm also not running any filters on the camera. Everything Camera wises is bone stock.

Have just plugged in my Taco board so that I could take some pics of my settings for you. USB socket detached from board due to a dry joint, so no pictures. Contacted Taco and received this reply - "Hi, be honest, we test all the board with a usb cable and never have this problem. we could sell the board at USD 12 including postage. please reply." Not a great cost, but should not have to pay for a defect. I would think that they test the boards in isolation and not as a complete unit. Have any of you had this problem?

Re: Απ: Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

patter said:
Have just plugged in my Taco board so that I could take some pics of my settings for you. USB socket detached from board due to a dry joint, so no pictures. Contacted Taco and received this reply - "Hi, be honest, we test all the board with a usb cable and never have this problem. we could sell the board at USD 12 including postage. please reply." Not a great cost, but should not have to pay for a defect. I would think that they test the boards in isolation and not as a complete unit. Have any of you had this problem?
Hi .the same happens to me when I tried to plug usb.I emailed them and they promised to send me another controller with the missing screw that gimbal came to me.. But that's not good to happens so often.usb socket detached , motors tached cases and can't function correct,missing parts... and I don't think it's to cheap to happens all these

patter said:

Patter,

I'm terribly sorry this has happen to you, especially as you were going out of your way to help me.

These Chinese companies still leave a lot to be desired customer service wise. DJI itself is pretty awful too. They come up with cool products at great prices...but that's it.

I'm going to give the gimbal another hour when I have time today. If it doesn't work I'll pack it up and send it back. I might have to wait for Rotorpixel, but at least they sell quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka