Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

I've noticed after installing this gimbal that after I get GPS lock, I don't get a steady green anymore. It'll blink green-green-red-green-green-red-green-green (or something close to that anyways). Why is it doing this? It seems to fly just fine though.

Does anyone know what screws come with the gimbal for the dampers? They forgot to send the screws and i dont want to wait for them to mail them... anyone have any idea what the exact screw is and if i could get at a hardware store?

Thanks!!!! cant wait to fly again, because first time the gimbal vibrated the whole phantom while flying...

When I get home, I'll pull one and get you the over-all length of them. They are allen head screws and if you go to a Home Depot or Lowes with the nut (I hope they shipped that part at least) and the knowledge of the over-all length, you should be good to go!

From the bottom of the allen head to the tip end of the screw is 1". My 3/32 allen wrench fits it so I suppose they are 3/32 screws.

Nsrwholesale said:
Does anyone know what screws come with the gimbal for the dampers? They forgot to send the screws and i dont want to wait for them to mail them... anyone have any idea what the exact screw is and if i could get at a hardware store?

Thanks!!!! cant wait to fly again, because first time the gimbal vibrated the whole phantom while flying...

My P2v with Taco goes slow blink green when ready to fly. How many sats does the phone app show you have? Need at least 6 I believe.

GLOCKer said:
I've noticed after installing this gimbal that after I get GPS lock, I don't get a steady green anymore. It'll blink green-green-red-green-green-red-green-green (or something close to that anyways). Why is it doing this? It seems to fly just fine though.

Re: Απ: Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Just received my gimball .I think one part is missing.the screw that hold cam in gimball . I attach a picture with the missing part.it's from their site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399548076830.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399548076830.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 334
I think if you go to the hardware store, you should be able to find a allen screw and washer that should take care of that missing screw.

coastaltom said:
From the bottom of the allen head to the tip end of the screw is 1". My 3/32 allen wrench fits it so I suppose they are 3/32 screws.

Nsrwholesale said:

I'd say that's a good bet. I'd bring one of those nuts with you to the store though to just double check.

GLOCKer said:
I think if you go to the hardware store, you should be able to find a allen screw and washer that should take care of that missing screw.
I did already but when I pay for something I expect to get all parts . :) I hope when I finish installation all working ok.

Do I need damper protector for the gimball?

loizos said:
Do I need damper protector for the gimball?

I think you will run a serious risk of the camera/gimbal coming loose from the phantom if you don't have the protectors screwed in.

First flight today with gimball and video is very steady.I'm very satisfied

loizos said:
First flight today with gimball and video is very steady.I'm very satisfied
Yeah, I am thrilled with how steady the video is with this relatively inexpensive gimbal. It's pretty cool! I also like that it fits (tightly though) in my GoProfessional Phantom 2 Vision case still with the gimbal attached.

Just received my Gimbal and connected it to my computer. Ran SIMPLE BGC GUI 2.40 b8 and tried to connect after selecting COM3. This happened - "GUI version board version mismatch Firmware version: 0.53 b4 GUI version; 2.40 b8" Probably something I'm doing wrong but I've no idea. Can anyone help?

Hi .First try today .sometimes camera don't take the correct position when phantom turning on.I have to power on and off phantom 3_4 Times until camera take correct position.and one motor is very noisy sometimes and cam is trembling.all that on the ground.but on flight video was great.Do they give warranty for their product?

Finally set up a youtube account... Here is my first flight with taco gimbal after physically installing the gimbal, setting gains to 0 like mentioned in the instructions in DJI Assistant, and loaded the taco 3d profile through basecam as mention on first page..

Here is video: http://youtu.be/2-qqnZoURMY

let me know what you think... I see some "jello" in the video which I think is caused by the fact that Taco RC forgot to ship the damper protector screws and I had to go to home depot to buy screws (which were used in this video) until the ones from Taco RC come in the mail...

loizos said:
Hi .First try today .sometimes camera don't take the correct position when phantom turning on.I have to power on and off phantom 3_4 Times until camera take correct position.and one motor is very noisy sometimes and cam is trembling.all that on the ground.but on flight video was great.Do they give warranty for their product?

The answer from taco-rc :
" Hi, you need to keep the gimbal steady while the gimbal is in initialization stage.  please try it."
I 'll try it .

I just bought this gimbal for my vision. I am still waiting for it. I was reading through thread and I am a little worried its too hard to program. Is this a google gimbal? Easy ti program?

Gino1 said:
I just bought this gimbal for my vision. I am still waiting for it. I was reading through thread and I am a little worried its too hard to program. Is this a google gimbal? Easy ti program?
Gino,
I printed out the first post in my thread and the installation directions from the Taco website and everything worked out well for me. I don't think you'll have much to worry about if you take your time with the installation. And if you need help, if you ask here someone should be able to get it straightened out for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka