Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Really? Haven't had this problem till now.

Let's wait and see. If so I'll also place a switch.

rfernandez said:
BTW for those who are experiensing the gimbal tilting down as soon as it wakes up when the battery is turned on, I fix that with a small SPDT on-off switch which i installed with a double sided tape to the control board.

That way i can start up the Phantom and while its acquiring the satellites i can tilt up the gimbal on the smartphone then when ready to fly just switch on the gimbal wait till it centers and off you go!!

In the BGC menu I set the gimbal range from 0 to 90 degrees. THen in the NAZA menu I set the one endpoint to get 90 degrees straight down, center is the camera straight forward and the other endpoint matches center so it cannot be tilted above looking straight forward. Compensation all still works fine. This just constrains the gimbal motion.

re: In the BGC menu I set the gimbal range from 0 to 90 degrees
Where did you set this in de BGC?

SilentAV8R said:
rfernandez said:
BTW for those who are experiensing the gimbal tilting down as soon as it wakes up when the battery is turned on, I fix that with a small SPDT on-off switch which i installed with a double sided tape to the control board.

That way i can start up the Phantom and while its acquiring the satellites i can tilt up the gimbal on the smartphone then when ready to fly just switch on the gimbal wait till it centers and off you go!!

In the BGC menu I set the gimbal range from 0 to 90 degrees. THen in the NAZA menu I set the one endpoint to get 90 degrees straight down, center is the camera straight forward and the other endpoint matches center so it cannot be tilted above looking straight forward. Compensation all still works fine. This just constrains the gimbal motion.

The Naza numbers are 3 digit number my settings are 100,0, -650 (looking straight forward)

Noël said:
re: In the BGC menu I set the gimbal range from 0 to 90 degrees
Where did you set this in de BGC?

Under the RC Settings Tab. The default is something like -35 and something else (sorry, I forget what it is).

My NAZA settings under the Gimbal tab are:

800/-890/-890 (max/center/min)

Basically I set the center and minimum to the same value s the camera cannot be tilted up from level. This does not affect the gimbal moving to keep the camera level.

Manual Control Speed is 30.

On my phone the gimbal is straight level looking forward when the control is all the way up. It is 90 degrees straight down when all the way down. The "30" value gives me a nice smooth control with no delay or overshoot.

Silent, I have your settings loaded and it works well - thanks for spending the time to figure this thing out!

lardaz95 said:
Silent, I have your settings loaded and it works well - thanks for spending the time to figure this thing out!

My pleasure. I like having the camera looking straight ahead when fully "up" and straight down when full down. Then I know where the 50% (45 degree down) point is with ease.

So my camera works killer, but I am still fighting my gimbal. I've lowered the NAZA settings to the point of being unstable and raised them to hyper sensitive with virtually no effect on the video. I've played with the PID settings increasing, decreasind and reading everything I can about them, and I still cannot get the smooth video some others have gotten. I've stiffened the dampeners, and made them loose. Nothing seems to work. I've spent the better part of a week doing this. I've used profiles from at least 3 people in this forums, and tweaked those as well. Pretty frustrated. But at least my camera tilt works and I have a fairly straight horizon :)

Probably going to get a Vision plus and keep this as back up and for stills. Selling is a huge loss for me that I am unwilling to accept. Mine was 8 days old when they came out with the P2V+, so I'm sort of bitter about that too.

I managed to solder rig the IMU cable. Heres a sample I took yesterday.

http://youtu.be/j9lQl_C_Rx4

YouTube does stabalazation which I said yes to. It almost eliminates the yaw jitter. Otherwise the jello is almost nonexistent in the orig video. I might post a side-by-side when I get home. Loads of good photo ops here. Feeling some pressure to make the most of it.

Just got mine in the mail!
medusuje.jpg
tadynury.jpg
jyme2u2u.jpg
eruhabeb.jpg

SilentAV8R said:
lardaz95 said:

My pleasure. I like having the camera looking straight ahead when fully "up" and straight down when full down. Then I know where the 50% (45 degree down) point is with ease.

So my camera works killer, but I am still fighting my gimbal. I've lowered the NAZA settings to the point of being unstable and raised them to hyper sensitive with virtually no effect on the video. I've played with the PID settings increasing, decreasind and reading everything I can about them, and I still cannot get the smooth video some others have gotten. I've stiffened the dampeners, and made them loose. Nothing seems to work. I've spent the better part of a week doing this. I've used profiles from at least 3 people in this forums, and tweaked those as well. Pretty frustrated. But at least my camera tilt works and I have a fairly straight horizon :)

Probably going to get a Vision plus and keep this as back up and for stills. Selling is a huge loss for me that I am unwilling to accept. Mine was 8 days old when they came out with the P2V+, so I'm sort of bitter about that too.

I'd try tightening down all the screws. Even a little looseness seemed to make quite a bit of difference to me. Good luck!

Would have thought they would have supplied instructions.... Also it's cool to finally have something that Is actually 3D printed

Has anyone timed the the phantom flight time with a full battery and what percentage you are landing with? I have been getting on average 16.5 to 17.5 minutes of flight time landing with an average of 18% battery left. something here is not adding up.
I have posted a question on the forum for an equation. Here is the link if you want to read it. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13243

SlackerATX said:
I managed to solder rig the IMU cable. Heres a sample I took yesterday.

http://youtu.be/j9lQl_C_Rx4

YouTube does stabalazation which I said yes to. It almost eliminates the yaw jitter. Otherwise the jello is almost nonexistent in the orig video. I might post a side-by-side when I get home. Loads of good photo ops here. Feeling some pressure to make the most of it.

That is outstanding quality video. Except for a slight roll instability, which was very smooth and not at all objectionable, this is close to perfection. Did you do anything special to reduce the yaw rate? Your gentle panning is awesome, unlike most videos I've viewed.

This might not be the right place but I have one I am selling. $175 and I will pay shipping. I've only had it in the air twice and for very short periods of time. Bottom line with mine is my camera has been modded so much its way too heavy for the gimbal and I can not get proper balance even with counter weights.

Paypal only, willing to send photos. It also includes an extra shell. PM for details.

MrDRC said:
This might not be the right place but I have one I am selling. $175 and I will pay shipping. I've only had it in the air twice and for very short periods of time. Bottom line with mine is my camera has been modded so much its way too heavy for the gimbal and I can not get proper balance even with counter weights.

Paypal only, willing to send photos. It also includes an extra shell. PM for details.

I can't PM yet. What version is it? What mods have made your camera too heavy?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart