Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

I got my Taco Supreme hooked up without any major issues. I have the horizon level, and it stays that way when I move the P2V around. But when I change direction it loses level and then very slowly regains it. Here's a video of what's going on. I think I need to adjust something but don't know what. The gimbal is as it was out of the box, changed gimbal settings in Assistant 3.0 (Terrible. Now I have to use lowest setting for FPV) to those suggest in this thread. Profile is what came out of the box.
Haven't flown yet with the new gimbal, as a new set of props just arrived this afternoon following an encounter with a bush that refused to yield the right of way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QnlUf1BEDg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QnlUf1BEDg[/youtube]

grochester mine had a similar issue and after doing a Calib.acc and Calib.gyro in the SimpleBCG GUI that resolved it for me. My gimbal was working pretty good then I loaded the optimized profile from rfernandez and that made a big difference in response to my gimbal...

Tonight I worked on the gimbal settings some more. On the test flight the video looks very good to me until around the 2:50 mark when the camera started bouncing and wouldn't tilt the camera over most of the range. At one point I landed, turned off the phantom and the bouncing and tilt issue started almost immediately. I don't know what happened, any ideas?

http://youtu.be/GhMzgigg9ik

We have been working on another profile and were still tweaking to make sure it works. we will keep you updated. fi you wan the the profile I've been sending out just PM me and i will send it you

jonesk32 said:
Tonight I worked on the gimbal settings some more. On the test flight the video looks very good to me until around the 2:50 mark when the camera started bouncing and wouldn't tilt the camera over most of the range. At one point I landed, turned off the phantom and the bouncing and tilt issue started almost immediately. I don't know what happened, any ideas?

Can you post your PID and power settings? Seems to me too much D and Low P

amrflyingdude said:
jonesk32 said:

Roll: P=10, I=.1, D=19, Power=110, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14
Pitch: P=10, I=.1, D=19, Power=90, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14

I must not have hit write on my changes, I thought that I had decreased the power 5% as a start with the lighter and better balanced mount. I hadn't touched PID settings, I was hoping to stick with what was in the profile for PID.

jonesk32 said:
amrflyingdude said:
jonesk32 said:

Roll: P=10, I=.1, D=19, Power=110, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14
Pitch: P=10, I=.1, D=19, Power=90, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14

I must not have hit write on my changes, I thought that I had decreased the power 5% as a start with the lighter and better balanced mount. I hadn't touched PID settings, I was hoping to stick with what was in the profile for PID.

Try these and let me know:

Roll: P=10, I=.1, D=16, Power=120, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14
Pitch: P=10, I=.0.08, D=17, Power=100, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14

Question for you guys out there who have knowledge way above my paygrade regarding this Gimbel's -★SETTINGS★ ??? After reading all of the posts regarding this Gimbel, it seems as though there is not much consistency with how the Gimbel's respond to each new owner. My question is "Do you guys feel there is a quality control issue, or what is your opinion regarding the lack of consistency? Or maybe you feel that there is not a problem with consistency, but a problem with_______________....... ◆fill in the blank◆¿?¿

Thank you guys for your continued collaboration in this matter. It is truly appreciated!!

Moose

amrflyingdude said:
Try these and let me know:

Roll: P=10, I=.1, D=16, Power=120, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14
Pitch: P=10, I=.0.08, D=17, Power=100, Invert=Blank, Num.Poles=14

Will do. Thursday's not looking too good for flying with rain and wind so it might be Friday before I can get in the air again.

Thanks!

rfernandez said:
We have been working on another profile and were still tweaking to make sure it works. we will keep you updated. fi you wan the the profile I've been sending out just PM me and i will send it you

Hi rfernandez

I would like to have a go at your custom profile, i cannot use PM yet in this forum, my e-mail adress is jca(at)nfss.dk

Jesper - Denmark

Dear all,

I have used the original version of 3DPower Gimbal and have also bought direct plug/play upgrade, so that I did not have to open the P2V case to modify F2 at all.

I previously had but no longer have problem with the SimplyBGC GUI calibration, so long as the camera is balanced on pitch and roll axis beforehand. If the camera is not balanced, then the camera will play the chicken dance.

However, I notice that when the 3DPower Gimbal is added, the total weight appears to be in problem. I could fly up after raising the throttle stick on the left, fly for a while. When the power is about 60%, then the P2V loses the lifting thrust and gradually descends on its own as if it is too heavy. When I try to raise the throttle, it could lift a bit higher. When the throttle stick remains at the centre position, the P2V dropps gradually. Thus, I have to move up the throttle stick intermittenly to prevent the P2V from falling down. This is quite annoying.

The gimbal motors and the controller are drawing power from the main battery due to the plug/play design. I assume that the voltage must be dropping fast that even the GPS could not maintain its hovering level.

Any pilots have the similar experience ? Not sure how this problem can be solved.

If the whole 3DPower Gimbal and the camera are removed from P2V, the craft has no problem to maintain its hovering height even indoor without any GPS.

All comments are welcome.

Raymond

I have not experienced that issue you outline Raymond.HK. I have had quite a few flights on my P2V with the gimbal in place and flying my batteries down to 30% but it still has plenty of power left to keep it aloft.

I am worried since no other persons seem to have posted similar frustrations. Or is it a specific issue related to my craft.

I unload the 4 prop guards to reduce weight but the same falling down situation does not improve.

Raymond

Raymond.HK said:
I am worried since no other persons seem to have posted similar frustrations. Or is it a specific issue related to my craft.

I unload the 4 prop guards to reduce weight but the same falling down situation does not improve.

Raymond
I would try raising the basic vertical gain. Id follow the process but you'll probably end up at about 200.

You can read more here.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11446

When I'm in the Basecam GUI should my pitch look like this?
basecam%20gui.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka