Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Just a heads up to people thinking of getting the V3 Eggshell mount upgrade, I just received mine today and the holes to bolt it up to the motor don't align. They appear to be almost 1/4" out of alignment. I will be emailing them shortly.

Edit: I was able to drill new holes to mount it up. The balance of the camera seems much better with this mount. As always the folks at Taco responded to my email in less than an hour with the offer of a partial refund.

Just installed mine yesterday and this is a quick video without any tuning running the default Taco profile on this thread and leveling the horizon by clicking once on the small button holding the gimbal in position then clicking 3 times, note this has to be done quickly for it to register. I now loaded the modified profile from rfernandez and the gimbal seems to be much more responsive, I will try and get out and do a full test flight with the new profile.

http://youtu.be/RSDEzrK0VuY

well ive pretty much given up now. spent most of my evening on it and got no where.
seems to behave differently every time i switch it on.
i wonder if mr taco will be interested in having it back

All right. Just placed my order. Paid for the expedited shipping. What's been teh normal shipping time to the West COast USA for other folks??

SilentAV8R, I reside in Big Bear Lake, CA and with expedited shipping my gimbal was here in 4 days.

dataway said:
SilentAV8R, I reside in Big Bear Lake, CA and with expedited shipping my gimbal was here in 4 days.

Very cool!!! I'm looking forward to it. Don't have the funds for the new P2V+ having just bought the P2V only 9 days ago, so this should be a decent patch!! Thanks for the info.

I had just too much vibration no matter how tight or loose I adjusted the dampeners... I also felt like the gimbal was throwing the P2V off its true center of gravity... I returned my Taco today... I'm Selling my P2V... I have ordered the P2V+...

Problem solved...

SilentAV8R said:
dataway said:

Very cool!!! I'm looking forward to it. Don't have the funds for the new P2V+ having just bought the P2V only 9 days ago, so this should be a decent patch!! Thanks for the info.

If you bought it 9 days ago, you can simply return for refund and order the P2V+... It's a much better system...

dataway said:
Just installed mine yesterday and this is a quick video without any tuning running the default Taco profile on this thread and leveling the horizon by clicking once on the small button holding the gimbal in position then clicking 3 times, note this has to be done quickly for it to register. I now loaded the modified profile from rfernandez and the gimbal seems to be much more responsive, I will try and get out and do a full test flight with the new profile.

http://youtu.be/RSDEzrK0VuY

Does that vibration not bother you?

A quick test video with my Taco Supreme after I installed my V3 Eggshell today. I'm open to suggestion on adjustments since I'm not very sensitive to the jello effect. I know that it isn't a good location for a flight, but I do have the approval of management. I'm hoping to go over to an abandoned amusement park and zoo tomorrow evening after applying suggestions.

This mount will probably take an adjusted profile since it has really changed the balance of the camera.

http://youtu.be/PI8MgusRbQM

@semaj - The vibration does not bother me for the P2V I use it more for recreation and sharing video and pictures with friends, I also have a Mikrokopter Hexacopter with a fully stabilized 3Axis gimbal and that is what I use for any commercial work. I actually like and fly the phantom more than I do my Hexacopter it is my goto for everyday flying.

Foy my use the PV2 is just fine and I am very happy with it and I really don't see a need to upgrade at this time.

Happy flying...

Hey guys If you changed to the V3 Egg shell you must change the axis to Top "Z" and Right "minus Y"
other wise the gimbal will go nuts and you won't be able to calibrate

Hi guys

Have any of you tried out setting up this gimbal with the lens filter kit (25g with uv filter) and maybe even created a profile for that ?

Jesper_carstens said:
Hi guys

Have any of you tried out setting up this gimbal with the lens filter kit (25g with uv filter) and maybe even created a profile for that ?

I've got a lens kit and it changes the COG quite a bit on the gimbal for the pitch motor. Just to get the pitch motor to hold, I had to increase the power to the pitch motor to about 130-145.

I'm considering using a counter weight to balance it better and use less power. I don't really have a feel for the better option at this point.

SlackerATX said:
Jesper_carstens said:
Hi guys

I've got a lens kit and it changes the COG quite a bit on the gimbal for the pitch motor. Just to get the pitch motor to hold, I had to increase the power to the pitch motor to about 130-145.

I'm considering using a counter weight to balance it better and use less power. I don't really have a feel for the better option at this point.

you should add counterweight to rebalance the gimbal and more power means more heat that will damage the motor.

I wanted to upgrade the firmware on the basecam in order to have better support for intuitive PID settings. I tried upgrading the firmware, but I was unable to after a couple of hours of trying. I emailed the taco folks and asked what needed to be done to upgrade the firmware and they told me only the 2.2b2 can be used.

It got me wondering if we have unofficial hardware and a nulled firmware. If we had official hardware I believe upgrading the firmware shouldn't be a problem.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has tried upgrading the firmware. Having unofficial firmware and/or not being able to upgrade firmware would definitely have been a consideration for me when I bought this gimbal. I'd like to get confirmation from some other folks before jumping to conclusions.

SlackerATX said:
I wanted to upgrade the firmware on the basecam in order to have better support for intuitive PID settings. I tried upgrading the firmware, but I was unable to after a couple of hours of trying. I emailed the taco folks and asked what needed to be done to upgrade the firmware and they told me only the 2.2b2 can be used.

It got me wondering if we have unofficial hardware and a nulled firmware. If we had official hardware I believe upgrading the firmware shouldn't be a problem.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has tried upgrading the firmware. Having unofficial firmware and/or not being able to upgrade firmware would definitely have been a consideration for me when I bought this gimbal. I'd like to get confirmation from some other folks before jumping to conclusions.
I think your conclusions are right. Not genuine controller, but made in China controller. :|

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka