Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

amrflyingdude said:
I programmed that profile myself. Has 3 changes.

1 - Increased "D". Gave it more balance in vibrating conditions.
2- Decreased Motor power. Motors are both a little overpowered so on certain positions the Motors vibrate a bit, that is gone now
3- Re programed the button: 1 click ACC calibration and 2 clicks Gyro calibration

When you get the message "Data corrupted" THAT IS NOT A BUG, click on ACC Calibration and the message will disappear. This is the UI telling you DATA mismatch.

Now, here the cool part.

I am testing a new profile now. this one will have 2 profiles in one:

1 - For little wind conditions
2 - for really windy conditions

you will be able to select between these 2 profiles by clicking the button.

I am testing this one but as soon as I am done I will be glad to share it. (Gotta test it on Richard's first, he is my test pilot)

awesome stuff you and Richard are doing..thanks!

dataway said:
Wow Tizzl10 that is awesome hope you share that with the community....

its not my work! I was just reposting. :)

I had to increase the power to my pitch motor because I have a lens kit and there wasn't enough power to hold position. I changed it from the default 104 to 130. I also noticed the high frequency oscillation only in certain positions that tizz mentioned, but I'm not sure how to get rid of that. I read someplace that changing from high (silent) to low (noisy) this goes away, but I can't stand the noise long enough to verify.

Tizz, you said you lowered the power to make those vibrations at certain positions go away. Do you mean the "Power" or the P in the PID settings? What PID settings are you using?

SlackerATX said:
I had to increase the power to my pitch motor because I have a lens kit and there wasn't enough power to hold position. I changed it from the default 104 to 130. I also noticed the high frequency oscillation only in certain positions that tizz mentioned, but I'm not sure how to get rid of that. I read someplace that changing from high (silent) to low (noisy) this goes away, but I can't stand the noise long enough to verify.

Tizz, you said you lowered the power to make those vibrations at certain positions go away. Do you mean the "Power" or the P in the PID settings? What PID settings are you using?

yes, I had that noise show up too when the gimbal moves at certain angles. I reduced the motor power to a lower number and it went away. (under motor configuration: roll and pitch values)

OK, so last night I wanted to make a couple changes to my gimbal. I went to connect it to my computer (win xp) it powered up fine but I could not get the computer to recognize it. I had it connected with no problem 2 days ago and did the 6 point calibration. I reloaded the driver but still no go. I can power up the phantom and everything works OK. Any suggestions?

lardaz95 said:
OK, so last night I wanted to make a couple changes to my gimbal. I went to connect it to my computer (win xp) it powered up fine but I could not get the computer to recognize it. I had it connected with no problem 2 days ago and did the 6 point calibration. I reloaded the driver but still no go. I can power up the phantom and everything works OK. Any suggestions?
Try a different USB port.

Yes, I actually tried all 4 on the front of my computer, have not tried the back ones. Very frustrating that it worked OK the other night but now no go. Dammit!

lardaz95 said:
Yes, I actually tried all 4 on the front of my computer, have not tried the back ones. Very frustrating that it worked OK the other night but now no go. Dammit!
did you reboot?

lardaz95 said:

ok, so when you plug into the usb port does your gimbal LED's light up?

Yes, it makes a couple beeps and lights up.I can't remember what port it said the other night when I did get it to connect but last night it gave 3 options - com1/2/3. Tried all, it would say connecting but never would connect.

I wonder why taco-rc didn't give us a real step by step for.
I think someone, who is smarter than I am, should post a real step by step when you receive the plug and play (and make it a sticky). That way, a newb can just follow the guide and not have to read 50 pages of questions and answers.

Frustration!
Turn it on, the gimbal goes nuts.
Connect it to usb. load profile...write....hold camera still....press calibrate....pause..write.....then gimbal goes nuts again.
here is a video of the process. and how the camera is after. it seems to have some vague movement reflected angulation but has continued frenzied jumping.
Have i got a duff one? will the new camera holder make a difference? or is it time to get in touch with mr taco?

I'm probably being daft and missing something obvious

[vimeo]91447702[/vimeo]

pugnacious said:
Frustration!
Turn it on, the gimbal goes nuts.
Connect it to usb. load profile...write....hold camera still....press calibrate....pause..write.....then gimbal goes nuts again.
here is a video of the process. and how the camera is after. it seems to have some vague movement reflected angulation but has continued frenzied jumping.
Have i got a duff one? will the new camera holder make a difference? or is it time to get in touch with mr taco?

I'm probably being daft and missing something obvious

[vimeo]91447702[/vimeo]

mine did that too..what you have to do Is reset your controller board by holding down the white button on your board to clear it (make sure the phantom is not powered up). Then reload the taco profile via the GUI..you may have to do this a few times. Eventually it will take and your gimbal will stop acting crazy.

tizzl10 said:
mine did that too..what you have to do Is reset your controller board by holding down the white button on your board to clear it (make sure the phantom is not powered up). Then reload the taco profile via the GUI..you may have to do this a few times. Eventually it will take and your gimbal will stop acting crazy.

ive tried this now and still no joy.
could you give me an idiots guide click by click of exactly what you mean?
its getting to the point where im thinking about sticking the silly dji one back on

EDIT ok i seems to be in a better place now. its still pretty much. but when moving the phantom about, its starts to make a buzzing noise and you can feel the motors vibrating and there is some movement

pugnacious said:
tizzl10 said:

its getting to the point where im thinking about sticking the silly dji one back on

actually I don't remember the EXACT steps in the process..you just have to keep doing it until it works. I screwed around with it for a good 45 minutes the other day after resetting my board and finally it took the profile I was trying to load. just keep trying! perhaps somebody else will chime in. just keep holding that white button down for 10 or so seconds, then reload the profile and write to the board..then pull off the usb and power up the phantom. rise and repeat until it works.

Received mt taco today... Put it on flew it around and I love it. I had a problem with the video feed at first but it is working great now. I did have to adjust the horizon for the camera with is very easy to do. I flew the thing around at full throttle, back and forth up and down and ended up with near flawless video...... :) . I am so glad I didn't wast my money on a dronex or rotorpixel.

pugnacious said:
tizzl10 said:

EDIT ok i seems to be in a better place now. its still pretty much. but when moving the phantom about, its starts to make a buzzing noise and you can feel the motors vibrating and there is some movement

lower the power under motor configuration

wildcatter said:
Received mt taco today... Put it on flew it around and I love it. I had a problem with the video feed at first but it is working great now. I did have to adjust the horizon for the camera with is very easy to do. I flew the thing around at full throttle, back and forth up and down and ended up with near flawless video...... :) . I am so glad I didn't wast my money on a dronex or rotorpixel.

ok, how did you fix your horizon tilt issue? im still having problems with mine..did you record video of your flight?

wildcatter said:
great price and great product.... pay not get now.!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT