Please help with video problems

Reaction score
Used my new P3A for the first time today and everything went well except for the video. It recorded using the 16GB card that came with it formatted to FAT32 and transferred to my PC with no problem, but playing it back it's not smooth but instead is jerky, like it will play then pause then play then pause... Also it is huge!!! It is 1.21GB and is only 2:54 minutes in .mov format. I have another .avi vid that's 6:54 minutes that is only 734MB and that plays nice and smooth like it's supposed to. I don't notice any significant difference in quality between the two. Can anyone explain how to get videos to smooth out, not be so incredibly gigantic, and maybe be .avi instead of .mov? I didn't adjust any of the settings, just used it the way it came not knowing anything about all that stuff.

Thank you for any help!
David

You can change the settings to .avi in the in the go app...

The P3A has a max recording bitrate of 40mbit/sec so accounting for overhead that file size seems about right.

You are going to find your computer isn’t up to the task. Try VLC media player and see how that goes, if it can’t play it smoothly nothing will.

You could transcode the video to a lower bitrate/format and/or select a lower quality setting to record.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart