Please help, Maxx UAV in bunch of pieces, and have a flight in 18 hours

Thanks Jake, and normally I wouldn't have even freaked out, but ever since I've gotten in the drone hobby. I have been chopping at the bit for a vacation like this one to use the drone for awesome videos, and picture
The new kits in fact do have extra components, so by Jake giving me that info, I think I got it figured out, and finished.
Thanks cjoffutt, those pics are very detailed, and nicely installed. I'm about to compare to mine, and take the same pics, to show, and compare.

Glad you got it worked out.

Only thing I'll end up doing differently on mine is get some shorter cables to go from the boosters to the antenna. I just don't like the look of the 8" or so cables with all the extra slack in them. and the 3" ones from the clean install kit are 1/2" to short to be used.

Glad you got it worked out.

Only thing I'll end up doing differently on mine is get some shorter cables to go from the boosters to the antenna. I just don't like the look of the 8" or so cables with all the extra slack in them. and the 3" ones from the clean install kit are 1/2" to short to be used.

See everything on mine, barely fit, to fitting dead on with little slack for the most part.
I tried taking the exact same pics as you did, and it looks identical for the most.
Check it out

Attachments

• IMG_6888.JPG
    IMG_6888.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_6889.JPG
    IMG_6889.JPG
    948.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_6890.JPG
    IMG_6890.JPG
    959.3 KB · Views: 261
Reactions: MedicFL1
That's looking real good Jason. Let us know how you make out with them. I also noticed in your initial pics of what you got, that you purchased a set of finger antennas that simply screw onto the posts that Jake installed on your remote. Don't be afraid to use those for the 'up and close' missions or if you have issues with the boosted setup. They too work well. Cheers!

That's looking real good Jason. Let us know how you make out with them. I also noticed in your initial pics of what you got, that you purchased a set of finger antennas that simply screw onto the posts that Jake installed on your remote. Don't be afraid to use those for the 'up and close' missions or if you have issues with the boosted setup. They too work well. Cheers!

Yeah that was going to be my next question.
What kind of gains if any should I get just off of the upgraded internals of the rc that maxx uav installed, with there antennas over stock?

Really Jake, after install, if I wasn't so electricly dumb, and knew there were going to be extra parts, the instructions are just fine.
I'm just not up to speed with these fine upgrades!!
MAXX UAV
THANKS
PS. if I were to run the upgraded antennas I got from you, plus the work you did, what gains would I get from stock?

It's clear that I need to update the instructions. There have been a few changes since we started offering kits and the instructions have become outdated, so I own that. I'm going to get updated pictures and instructions posted later today.

Jason, I can understand your frustration and I'll make it right. I just sent you my phone number, so if you run into anymore issues, please don't hesitate to call. Thanks for the honest feedback and not being too harsh :)

I just noticed this is flashing good, to poor. Over and over again.
This doesn't look good, and everything is tighten correctly

Attachments

• IMG_6906.JPG
    IMG_6906.JPG
    836.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_6909.JPG
    IMG_6909.JPG
    948.8 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: MedicFL1
I just noticed this is flashing good, to poor. Over and over again.
This doesn't look good, and everything is tighten correctly
Hey Jason, that is normal. Not only are the amplifiers amplifying the signal, it also amplifies the noise, so the app sees this as bad. Nothing to worry about. Results are what you're looking for ;)

Here is mine... I run from amp to RC between the amp battery and the RC for a cleaner look...
a70735216ce433f97ffe57de0c2bbad1.jpg

Also I cross cables, meaning right antenna to left amp then out of left amp back to right RC, taking up more slack out of the cables.
You've got to get the tripod mount now since you have this. :) You'll love it!!
231f7190f8365662785a90a364587bc8.jpg

e6d9c315543e0663935ba01b6d97731f.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
those are some pretty darn clear instructions there Jake.

But why not use the blue cables from boosters to the antenna? I thought the blue ones were of better quality?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
It really comes down to personal preference. Yeah, the blue cables are a lower loss cable, but for the length of cable we're using, that's almost negligible. I choose to use the gold ones because they're shorter and more flexible.

It really comes down to personal preference. Yeah, the blue cables are a lower loss cable, but for the length of cable we're using, that's almost negligible. I choose to use the gold ones because they're shorter and more flexible.
That's what I assumed, the blue ones are stiff as cement.

Are you guys making the cables in house? If so, what's the possibility of getting the 'clean install' cables to be an inch longer?

They would work great from going from the boosters to the antenna (at least on the maxxxrange) they're currently just a tad too short.

dea31cbe958371282e1bc1570420318a.jpg

That's what I assumed, the blue ones are stiff as cement.

Are you guys making the cables in house? If so, what's the possibility of getting the 'clean install' cables to be an inch longer?

They would work great from going from the boosters to the antenna (at least on the maxxxrange) they're currently just a tad too short.

dea31cbe958371282e1bc1570420318a.jpg

That is also an option. We don't make them in house, but can get them fairly quickly. I'll get a test pair made and try that out and get back with you on that.

That is also an option. We don't make them in house, but can get them fairly quickly. I'll get a test pair made and try that out and get back with you on that.
Awesome!! It would definitely give it a more clean appearance.

Not that that really matters but who doesn't like a clean kick butt install

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
See everything on mine, barely fit, to fitting dead on with little slack for the most part.
I tried taking the exact same pics as you did, and it looks identical for the most.
Check it out
Jason, just noticed, but your antenna bracket is upside down. I don't know if will make a difference, but could angle antenna differently?

Jason, how id's it working out for you in the Keys.
Stop by on the way back I'm Asst exit 173 ~> your At 0 since Interstate numbering starts down there in Dade.
Give us an update I your range and experience if you would please.
(I'm only using parabolic at this time and looking at updating)
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94