Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

PLEASE HELP - Battery Removal

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Bateman233, May 16, 2014.

1. Bateman233

I am getting real pissed at how difficult these **** batteries are to get out. I take extreme caution to be gentle with my phantom plus due to the delicacy of the camera and gimbal, but when removing the battery I always jerk the thing hard right when the battery comes out and I am afraid I am going to damage the gimbal. And I am not rushing to pull it out, taking my time but it requires quite a bit of strength and pull to get out.

Any suggestions to avoid this issue?!

Cheers

2. skyhighdiver

I like it that way don't have to worry about it falling out
    Just put your gimbal clip on first if worried

3. Bateman233

Do you put your gimbal clip back onto your gimbal often? Kind of afraid I'll bend the gimbal getting that thing back on there.

4. MattUNI2001

I never put my gimbal lock back on. That would be a major pain in the butt. I took the advice from somebody else on the forum and started pushing the release on the top and bottom with TWO hands (both thumbs on the top release), which now I can get the battery out with relatively no issue. Pushing down hard with both hands and then trying to get it out even a millimeter then makes it easy for me to switch to 1 hand where I can then get it the rest of the way out while supporting the phantom with the other hand (grabbing near one of the "legs". It is definitely a process... :)

5. RedRyderMedia

If you do a search, you will find several other threads on this site discussing how difficult the battery is to get outs. They discuss the causes and the solutions.

6. CDStuff

I was also having a bit of a problem. I looked inside and wire that runs from the phantom to the camera (non-plus) was being pinched. Since I opened it up and got the loose wires out of the way, it was a lot better...but still required some effort though.

7. Mori55

I always use the gimbal lock. It was a pain at first. Now that got hang of its pretty easy.

8. Leighk

I press the buttons and pull so there's a small gap. Then grip the + with my thumbs and pull it out using my nails.
    Easy and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. BlackTracer

I am right handed. I grip the clip on top with my thumb and the one on bottom with my pointer both of my right hand. I then positioin my left hand on the phantom with my pointer on top and thumb on bottom kind of around the battery area. I then apply enough pull force with my right hand and push force with my left to get it out about a quarter inch. I then do the same pull push again until I overcome the coefficient of friction and it slides right out. Sometimes it pulls right out on the first pull push. If I am flying another battery I don't bother with the gimbal clip. But if it is my last battery, I put on the clip first cause I think its safer for the gimbal. FYI I always use the gimbal clip when the bird is in the box.

10. 4wd

4wd

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peCCm1HvVVM[/youtube]

11. nhoover

That's the technique I use too - thanks for posting the video. Mine is tighter than yours but it can work this way. My hands and fingers are quite strong from climbing etc - what do normal people do? It's quite hard to remove. But as was said before, I like that it's securely in there. Still, I'll bet you the next version of this battery has a positive lock and is easier to remove. It's a design flaw as is.

12. Cocoa Beach Kiter

Wow - That's much easier!! Thanks for the post!