Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Play in Motor. Bearings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by imfuller, Mar 24, 2013.

1. imfuller

So my front CCW motor has been moving around. First it was a tilted movement, meaning the motor would tilt very slightly from left to right. I tightened the 1.5mm hex screw right below the prop shaft and it fixed this left to right problem, however now I have vertical play on the motor. I can literally pull the motor up from the phantom about a centimeter, but it will sit itself back to its original position. Almost like pulling up a spring. The motor was already spinning a bit weird and was a fairly warm after a 6/7 minute flight. Could this be the bearings or the motor, and where/how to I go about fixing the issue?

Thanks!

2. imfuller

Here are the pics, sorry for the side view. Top photo is it lifted up, bottom photo is in the normal position.

Attached Files:

3. MRSpyder2U

I'm probably dead wrong, but it looks like the motor mounting screws on the bottom of the arm are not tight.

4. Gizmo3000

sounds like a bearing issue, or as mentioned, the screws holding the motor in!?

Ive yet to do my bearings, but read that you can access the motor by unscrewing the 4 screws, tilt the motor up,.a and then replace the bearings .
    new motors are $24 tho (DJI red or Phantom motors will work), if you opt to replace the whole thing.

here's the thread where we discussed bearing replacement,. I've recently ordered some.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182

5. MRSpyder2U

Another thing it might be is if the C-clip on the bottom end of the shaft has come off.

6. lithyem