Phantom studio editing in a backpack - budget filming

Reaction score
I wanted to share how I film locations on a limited budget and upload to YouTube in a few hours using my equipment. It may give you ideas or you may give me advice. The following is my work footage to show you what I capture. The second is my portable kit.

Feedback good or bad is helpful as this is my 6 week using the phantom 3 advanced.
This is my work

This is my kit. Full editing studio in a backpack

ND filters?
What type of settings do you use for video?
Can you color grade on the fly with pinnaclePro?

I'd say not bad. But different type of shots. Side Panning etc... will make things exciting.
Good job!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi no colour grading just out of the hat. Had little time to edit and was up on the tube within 3 hours. The pan shots I have for my show real

Nice tutorials. Curious about the editing on the iPad. Which iPad has the processing power to work with 4K vids? And, as BrandAl asked- can you color grade with Pinacle Pro?
What else can it do? I assume blending clips, fades in & out etc.
adjust exposure?
And, what were the settings you used on the marsh vid? Nice look. It would be interesting to see some of the raw footage to compare to the finished. Or was that also as is from camera?

Just read the reviews in the apple App Store about Pinacle Pro. Not so encouraging...

Just read the reviews in the apple App Store about Pinacle Pro. Not so encouraging...

Hi, the highest quality I have used is 2.7 k . Not try 4K as it would zap my space on the pad. I usually film 1080p and use I movie. There is no colour grading in the iPad version editor that I know of. As for the marsh video no colour correction or filters were used. What you see is the raw footage with simple edits and a title added which was colour graded.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl