Phantom not working

You dont have to update the firmware. Just ignore it unless your very confident in the update procedure. Fly it first and ignore the update banner. The DJI go app is necessary to activate the drone and perform IMU calibrations. The Litchi app doesn't have all the necessary adjustments but is good flying app.

There was a Mandatory Update a while Back.... and If You Didn't Update, You were Limited to a Very small area to be able to fly in... like 30-50 meters.. But Beginners Mode is a Good Place to Start... And Learn to Fly in Atti Mode...

There was a Mandatory Update a while Back.... and If You Didn't Update, You were Limited to a Very small area to be able to fly in... like 30-50 meters.. But Beginners Mode is a Good Place to Start... And Learn to Fly in Atti Mode...

It wasn’t “mandatory”... many of us have never installed it. But if your device updated automatically as many have our devices set to do, then it became necessary to update the firmware as well.

At that point, if you didn’t log off and then back in to your DJI account, then yes, your flight range and altitude was limited.

So Here I am back again
Aus Post wont send it back to China ! Seems drones in the post are a big No-NO !

So to activate I'll have to get a Samsung S5 or better as mrmom852 says ?

Maybe there could be a way to activate it thru a USB like the Parrot 2 does ?

I don't think I'll be buying a new phone just to activate a drone
Pity DJI didn't say all this in the sales blurb
I suppose I can run all over Aus asking if anyone has an iphone or samsung s5 or better so I can get this thing off the ground.
This week I'm in Bendigo Next week somewhere between Bendigo and Adelaide via Hamilton and the Coorong , which I was hoping to take photos of ............. Sighhhhhhh

It won’t be able to connect to the internet at all via the phantom wifi, that’ll be what that message is telling you. You don’t need to. In your iPhones settings click mobile and make sure that mobile data is enabled then scroll down until you see the dji go app and make sure that is also checked. This was the dji go app will be able to do what it needs to on the internet via mobile data (not wifi) whilst connected to the drones wifi. Please see the screen shots from the settings menu I have attached for you. I hope this helps?
IMG_1147.jpg
IMG_1146.jpg

The dji does activate the phone WiFi as a link, but that as far as it goes , it's showing activating , and that's as far as it goes.
Unfortunately I only have 1 phone , an apple mac 11 and a laser tablet so another mobile devise is gunna be hard for me to do.

Oh ****, think I might have just worked out you issue. When you say you phone is an Apple Mac 11, what exactly do you mean?

Are you trying to connect with an Apple iPhone 2 by any chance?

If so there is a trick to getting it all working, just let me know.

Sorry about the swearing, I just popped $2 in the swear jar!

So Here I am back again
Aus Post wont send it back to China ! Seems drones in the post are a big No-NO !

So to activate I'll have to get a Samsung S5 or better as mrmom852 says ?

Maybe there could be a way to activate it thru a USB like the Parrot 2 does ?

I don't think I'll be buying a new phone just to activate a drone
Pity DJI didn't say all this in the sales blurb
I suppose I can run all over Aus asking if anyone has an iphone or samsung s5 or better so I can get this thing off the ground.
This week I'm in Bendigo Next week somewhere between Bendigo and Adelaide via Hamilton and the Coorong , which I was hoping to take photos of ............. Sighhhhhhh

Hey if you’re still in Bendigo at the weekend I’ll be able to give you a hard. Send me an email if you like.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl