Phantom going crazy, desperate for help

Reaction score
Hello,

I have have had my phantom for about a year now, and it has been a great journey with endless hours of flight time and thrills. it has never let me down or had any problems until now.

Attached to my DJI phantom is a TAROT t2d gimbal with a GoPro hero 3.
I have recently fit the tarot gimbal with tilt wire into the f2 slot in the Naza, and had a buddy instal for me a pitch lever at the back of the transmitter.

A few days ago i was normally flying the phantom and out of nowhere it seemed like someone shot it down. it slammed down lifelessly from around 30 feet to the ground, no serious damage was done, i came back home suspected it could have been something that had some interference on it, so i reset everything and re-calibrated everything and hoped for the best.

Went back out the next day, 2mins into the flight the phantom goes crazy spiralling uncontrollably and suddenly shutting down, when I grabbed it the phantom had no lights on. but i could hear 3 distinct beeps, I removed the battery and then replugged it and the 3 beeps turned into successive single beeps, power cycled yet again brought it back to normal.
i have hooked another battery and 3 mins into the flight the phantom loses power and ends up on its back from 10 feet, i could see the gimbal powering down and then powering up again, upon examining the phantom it was flashing 3 red lights, i hooked it to the NAZA and it showed a big error related to the TX. power cycling the Phantom bought it back to normal yet again.

Has anyone had anything similar or might know what might be causing this ?

thanks a lot
Ed

After an incident like that I'd reset default configuration (from Tools page), perform stick calibration (including turning on gimbal, IOC), perform an advanced IMU calibration the compass calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl