Phantom FC40 Flashes continous yellow

Reaction score
I recently purchased the FC40 and assembled, upgraded firmware, and calibrated compass. All went well to the point of test flights. Now when I power it up I get the normal rgy rgy gggg led sequence but then goes into a continuous yellow flashing mode. The assistant say the GPS needs calibrating which I am unable to do. User manual says flashing yellow mean tx is lost. The led inside the battery flashes red when tx is off and out after power is turned on. Use manual says it should be red all the time.
What am I missing? Thanks- Paul

pdl1948 said:
I recently purchased the FC40 and assembled, upgraded firmware, and calibrated compass. All went well if to the point of test flights. Now when I power it I I get the normal rgy rgy gggg led sequence but then goes into a continuous yellow flashing mode. The assistant say the GPS need calibrating which I am unable to do. User manual says flashing yellow mean tx is lost. The led inside the battery flashes red when tx is off and of after power. Use manual says it should be red all the time.
What am I missing? Thanks- Paul

How many yellow flashes?

5 = flight ready without GPS lock
6 = TX is not found.

If it's 5 - what are your switch positions? If S1 is in Atti - flip it to the uppermost position for GPS, Have you done a compass calibration? - I hate to ask... but... are you outside??? (if you're not... you will not get green LED's) How long do you let it sit with blinking yellow? It can take quite a while (2 - 4 mins) to acquire gps for the first time (it gets faster after that)

If it's 6 - youtube phantom 2 binding - there's a video that will show you how to do that.

It was continuously flashing, no stopping. I received a reply from DJI Support saying it had lost the tx link and to relink it which was done but didn't make any difference.
The reply also said the mode for a 2 antennae model should be D-BUS. I never found in the new users manual anything about 1 or 2 antennae models, it only showed 1 antennae in the assembly. All the info I found said it should be PPM which was what it was set to. My model has 2 antennae plus the compass in the landing gear. After changing to D-BUS everything is working again. A firmware upgrade probably changed the setting and reloading the default param likely loaded the PPM value again. Being new to RC flying, I am glad to have found this forum and greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Paul

Their response was:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting DJI. Thank you for the heads up. I am sorry to read that the previous response did not resolve this issue. Unfortunately, if you are getting a flashing yellow signal, it can suggest that you are losing transmission. The fast blinking yellow light means the remote and receiver are not bound, and the unit cannot detect a remote or signal. Please rebind your unit by following the binding procedure in the User Manual here:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-fc40/download

After, please check for any firmware upgrades in the Assistant software. After upgrading, check on the "Basic>RC" tabs for the receiver type. If you have 1 antenna coming out of the landing gears, please use PPM. If you have two antennas coming out of the landing gears, please use D-BUS. .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl