Phantom at high altitude

Reaction score
Hello All:

I just found out about the DJI Phantom and it looks like a good platform for a beginner like me. Has anyone operated one of these at high altitude? I live at 8K ft. above sea level. I'm concerned that the unit might not have the capacity to operate or carry payload at this extreme altitude. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FOBNI said:
Hello All:

I just found out about the DJI Phantom and it looks like a good platform for a beginner like me. Has anyone operated one of these at high altitude? I live at 8K ft. above sea level. I'm concerned that the unit might not have the capacity to operate or carry payload at this extreme altitude. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I live at 6300 ft ALS, except for a bit more battery juice for lifting in this thin air, phantom works great. TIP: not to use sttifer propellers as Graupner or Zingers. Better are stock or similar surface as 9x45 Carbon Fiber.

Thanks for the info Jumanoc. That gives me enough confidence that it should work up here. Any recommendations on who makes a good carbon prop?

Thanks marcus, that seals the deal for me. Great video.

Thanks for the tip on props Jumanoc I'll definitely try the stock set first but I know I'll end up with a carbon set too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12