Phantom as a handheld gimbal?

Reaction score
So whether it be a H3-2D, H3-3D, or any other gimbal, they do quite a good job of stabilizing footage from the phantom. Given that, has anyone just walked around with their phantom to get stabilized ground footage?

Seems like a good temporary alternative to the $200-300 handheld ones you see around, although you might get a few more weird looks taking your phantom for a walk!

mcmax20 said:
So whether it be a H3-2D, H3-3D, or any other gimbal, they do quite a good job of stabilizing footage from the phantom. Given that, has anyone just walked around with their phantom to get stabilized ground footage?

Seems like a good temporary alternative to the $200-300 handheld ones you see around, although you might get a few more weird looks taking your phantom for a walk!

Must say have had some strange looks when testing camera setting etc in the front yard as neighbours walk past .... must look like a kid with a paper airplane imagining I am a fighter pilot walking about pointing it around :lol:

FASTFJR said:
JaysDMC said:
When I did my low light test for the GoPro I did just that. I kept the phantom powered off but had the gimbal powered on. For what i needed it for, the video came out great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vdzOrX9wCo

Interesting, I thought the Phantom needed to be powered up for the gimbal to work?

I have my gimbal powered off my balance cable

Here's what someone is doing about a hand held for the P3. Interesting. They make one for tablets
ELEPHANTOM - byMaC Inventions
Good video he takes at 2:08. He also apparently has a opinion when it comes to DJI:p ...
DJI Phantom 3 Hand Held Steady Cam - YouTube
I'm in a pre-purchase research mode on the P3P. For me it's a great tech toy that I can gather a few bucks from its skills. Weddings are an obvious source and I'm fortunate enough to live in a wedding-rich tourist town. Being able to maneuver a video without walking and associated vibration interference and the obvious jerky starts and stops of camera movements .. the simple fluidity of a steady cam shot. I believe this unit could be a all in one production platform for a wedding, party, family reunion .. and, of course .. a amateur movie.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl