Phantom 4 worked great for 1 year and now video signal horrible

Reaction score
I've used my phantom 4 for about 1 year without any issues, using both DGI and Litchi software. My firmware is current and for some reason the video and signal strength is just terrible and with many disconnects to the point I will not fly it for fear of losing it.

Has anyone experienced this behavior? It keeps telling me to re calibrate compass but yet, when I move it the 360 degree's the warning never goes away.
This happens no matter what software I use.

Should I try to re-install firmware? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reactions: Droner66
Did you recently update the firmware?
I had his issue when the drone was on the latest but the controller on a older software.
Make sure that both are really on the same level.

I've used my phantom 4 for about 1 year without any issues, using both DGI and Litchi software. My firmware is current and for some reason the video and signal strength is just terrible and with many disconnects to the point I will not fly it for fear of losing it.

Has anyone experienced this behavior? It keeps telling me to re calibrate compass but yet, when I move it the 360 degree's the warning never goes away.
This happens no matter what software I use.

Should I try to re-install firmware? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Could try playing with transmission channels,auto not always good,unsure of your mention of 360% warning,I can remember that in the calibrate compass setting but not as a prompt,normally it's a magnetic interference prompt which is red,is the compass calibration successful ,?,try clear all warnings in app and see if it comes back,what about when location changes still the same ?have you tried a imu calibration to help corect it's sensors,is this successful? Unsure on device,that could play a part,when it disconnects do you still have control or does go into rth mode or just your device disconects

What Mahera said.
Always update DJI Go first, then the controller, then the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl