Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 4 Video Quality in Premiere

Discussion in 'Editing (Photo and Video)' started by Justinos, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Justinos

Hi, I'm relatively new to video editing and I'm trying to edit my phantom 4 footage in adobe premiere cc and I'm getting this, well, I'll call it video quality aberration. I've attached a video to show what I mean but when the video is playing in premiere it looks funny but when I press pause and there is only a single frame I have excellent quality again. Also if I play it in a normal video player everything is fine as well. So I'm just wondering if anybody knows if this has something to do with the settings in premiere or the drone settings or something else.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

2. 4wd

4wd

Do you men the shimmering moiré in the brickwork
    It probably only shows in the preview, see how it looks after rendering.
    Recording with sharpening turned down to -1 or -2 will reduce the issue, you can add a bit more sharpness when editing but often not needed

Pharm likes this.
  3. GadgetGuy

Lower your editing quality setting to 1/2 or even 1/4, instead of Full in the lower right of the video window. Your processor may be having trouble keeping up during editing at Full quality. Output quality remains unchanged, no matter what quality setting is used during editing.

4. Justinos

I see, it is much better at 1/4 quality. I though I had a half decent machine, maybe I have to invest in some upgrades. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

5. GadgetGuy

Very few people, even with rocket speed machines, edit video at Full quality. It simply isn't necessary. Editing can even be done using tiny proxy files instead. Lightroom's new Smart Preview proxy files let all editing be done on image files that are a fraction of the size of the originals. Only when the image files are exported out of LR, or the edited video is rendered out of Premier Pro, does one truly need access to the full sized original files.

#5 GadgetGuy, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. Nick Mendocino

Does Lightroom have video editing capability?

7. GadgetGuy

It does to a limited extent, but I was referring to the analogy of editing without needing access to full sized originals in LR and PP CC until you decide to export out.