Phantom 4 props

Reaction score
Not sure what the stock props are made of, but it looks like they're plastic. Any idea as to if/when they will offer carbon fiber ones?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Carbon fiber have NEVER been a good idea with the phantoms. Stick to DJI props. No benefit to carbon fiber.

How about the actual dji carbon fiber reinforced ones?

On my P3P I have been exclusively using the DJI Carbon fiber props and they far outperform the original plastic ones.

The bird is quieter, by about 5-7db spl.
Control in turns and sudden directional changes is much more solid.
And because they're stiffer, there is less vibration sent to the gimbal and thereby reduces jello and I can do longer exposure still in hover even at altitude against changing winds.

Reactions: Santiego
As for aftermarket carbon props, I have yet to find one with a more efficient airfoil design that is definitively better.

DJI OEM props are fine.

Their CF props are reinforcement with fibers in the plastic NOT the woven fiber/cloth sheet many associate with CF.

DJI OEM props are fine.

Their CF props are reinforcement with fibers in the plastic NOT the woven fiber/cloth sheet many associate with CF.

You're right. They not the woven fiber type. But they are much stiffer and stronger than the original white plastic ones.

Carbon props will be a godsend for the P4. These plastic props are poop. All of the prop money seems to have gone into the new hub. Of course the new hub is just a way for DJI to make more money by thwarting 3rd party sales. It's going to take a couple of months for the clones to catch up.

In the mean time, how many spare props will you buy before the clones show up?

Touché DJI

Last edited:
If the P4 props are anything like the P2/P3 props there won't be a need to buy many. In 2 years I have broken exactly 2 props. Both were broken the night my Vision+ was brought down by the evil Night Fury creature. The stock props work perfectly & there is really no need to go carbon fiber unless you want black props. If for some reason you insist on carbon fiber, then stick with the DJI carbon fiber props. I would NEVER recommend third-party props.

Carbon props will be a godsend for the P4. These plastic props are poop. All of the prop money seems to have gone into the new hub. Of course the new hub is just a way for DJI to make more money by thwarting 3rd party sales. It's going to take a couple of months for the clones to catch up.

Touché DJI

Touché DJI

If you notice DJI sells its propulsion systems (ESC, Motors, Props) as part of a tuned package.
They are engineered to work together.

The locking hub is to prevent prop loss and no clone prop has EVER been shown to perform better that the DJI engineered ones.

I love my DJI props. I don't think I would trust any others. I've had the same props on my f550 for almost 3 years now with never a problem other than a little color change, still perfectly balanced. My new phantom 4 seems to have the same ones other than the mounting but they are a lot stiffer and they seem to be even better that my old ones. I would stick with genuine dgi props. I've got a dubro prop balancer and I have NEVER had to adjust any dji prop, good right out of the package.

On my P3P I have been exclusively using the DJI Carbon fiber props and they far outperform the original plastic ones.

The bird is quieter, by about 5-7db spl.
Control in turns and sudden directional changes is much more solid.
And because they're stiffer, there is less vibration sent to the gimbal and thereby reduces jello and I can do longer exposure still in hover even at altitude against changing winds.

I suspect you suffer from some bias. I use both the "carbon" props and the white plastic ones on my P3P. You can barely tell a difference. Barely. The blacks ones are a tad stiffer which makes them stop and start a bit faster. But you can change your gains and make a much bigger difference.

I like the black ones because they tend to shatter on impact which, I think, transmits less energy to the motors and frame during an impact.

And they look cool.

But 'far out perform' they do not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl