Phantom 4 pro plus screen removal

Reaction score
Hi, i am trying to find out how to remove the screen and arm on the phantom 4 pro plus controller.
Has anyone removed their yet or know of any links to how to go about it?
I am thinking you should be able to remove it without having to pull apart the whole controller.
I am looking at putting a skin over the controller, apparently you can remove to screen and arm to apply the skin, then just reinstall the skin, unfortunately the video on this was of an older version phantom, most likely the 3.
If anyone has any information on removing the screen and arm, it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Any model without the built in factory screen is simply unscrewing the mount which is designed for that disassembly. With the Plus model it is a whole different ball game as it is not made to remove, and to do so means disassembling the controller.

Thanks for the reply,
I figured it might be something along those lines as i couldn't see any obvious ways of removing the factory built in screen.
Not going to bother disassembling the controller just to put a skin on, think i will just trim it up to suit.
Appreciate the reply.
Cheers.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Thanks for the reply,
I figured it might be something along those lines as i couldn't see any obvious ways of removing the factory built in screen.
Not going to bother disassembling the controller just to put a skin on, think i will just trim it up to suit.
Appreciate the reply.
Cheers.

Maybe you will find a way to slit it open to fit around the display and then still be able to lay it into place or something. I'm sure you will come up with something and disassembly is not exceptionally hard, probably get it done in an hour or 2. I think there is enough info on YT about how DJI puts their remotes together and this one shouldn't be much different if your careful. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply,
Appreciate the reply.
Cheers.
My suspicion is that the two rectangular [white] plastic inserts at the rear of the screen, (at either side of the hinge) are probably removable, and I suspect that some form of fixing screw MIGHT be found underneath.

My suspicion is that the two rectangular [white] plastic inserts at the rear of the screen, (at either side of the hinge) are probably removable, and I suspect that some form of fixing screw MIGHT be found underneath.
I suspect there will still be a wire harness or flex strip that may need to be disconnected inside the display or RC to actually separate the two.

Cheers for the replies, yes, nothing in behind those two tabs, thought that myself, but only wires in there and no screws, mine is the obsidian version.
Ended up just trimming around the arm, turned out well, can't really notice the difference.
Cheers again for the replies,
Appreciated

Reactions: oconnb
The remotes are not the same between p4 and p4p/p4p+, but the shape is the same I believe. If you are asking will that skin fit, it may, perhaps someone with both models can shed more light.

Sure follow, but are the holes in the same position for the knobs and the other cut outs required, excluding the screen arm as that is where I would need to adjust things and cut a slit in the skin ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72