Phantom 4 Pro Flyaway

To elaborate a bit on home lock, pulling back on the stick will bring it directly toward the home point regardless of orientation.
Cheers! Will be heading to park to see what else it can do and what other controls work with it ie altitude etc. Also found 'course lock' while googling around which looks like a great production tool, as well.

Is there a way to always start app and fly in home lock?

I believe you can (...never tried it) but you probably wouldn't want to unless you want your phantom to make a beeline back to the home point each time you pull back on the stick instead of moving backwards in a normal track. BTW...if you have to engage it, it's a very simple one button push on the app's home screen and you're in business.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
If you are flying a helicopter you keep a constant eye out for landmarks, because that's how you can be sure where you are. While GPS is possible and included in many aircraft, these days, It's a safety precaution to know where you are visually. In the case of manned aircraft you look for places that could be used for emergency landings. This kind of practice is also applicable for UAVs.

I understand better than 'Fuzzylogic', how upsetting it is to loose a model. That's a really for most RC advocates, who have been at this pastime, for a while. The tricks of remote piloting are usually hard learnt, but you shouldn't give up.

The most important lessons are to keep a cool head, don't launch without a flight plan and give your self plenty of fuel (charge) to come home. If you get into trouble, find a land mark and land at or near it. Lastly, accept that one day you will crash or loose a model.

If you are flying a helicopter you keep a constant eye out for landmarks, because that's how you can be sure where you are. While GPS is possible and included in many aircraft, these days, It's a safety precaution to know where you are visually. In the case of manned aircraft you look for places that could be used for emergency landings. This kind of practice is also applicable for UAVs.

I understand better than 'Fuzzylogic', how upsetting it is to loose a model. That's a really for most RC advocates, who have been at this pastime, for a while. The tricks of remote piloting are usually hard learnt, but you shouldn't give up.

The most important lessons are to keep a cool head, don't launch without a flight plan and give your self plenty of fuel (charge) to come home. If you get into trouble, find a land mark and land at or near it. Lastly, accept that one day you will crash or loose a model.
Keeping a constant eye out for landmarks is not restricted to helicopters, it applies to any aircraft

Is there a way to always start app and fly in home lock?

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this in DJI GO4. However, Litchi gives you the ability to set Home Lock to a C1 or C2 button on the controller, among dozens of other options. Very useful.

3be857de3c50b7c34585ac88646a8454.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Brimba
Fuzzy, Sorry for your loss!! Thats a "bad feeling" thing..
based on your coments that you said twice that you have switched to Sportmode ... could itbe that you would have already been in Sportmode when you thought you were in Gps mode and so when you switched it again...you made it to Ati mode unintentionally?
i explained it to you because i had that issue once and then based on logs i noticed it was my mistake.. and that could cause losing direction.. as it was drifting when you thought you were in gps mode...just a thought. i hope you can locate it!

based on your comments that you said twice that you have switched to Sportmode ... could itbe that you would have already been in Sportmode when you thought you were in Gps mode and so when you switched it again...you made it to Ati mode unintentionally?
The flight data shows that he was in Sport mode so that's not a factor in this incident.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl