Phantom 4 pro battery problem.

Reaction score
Went for a flight this morning and packed everything away as usual and upon returning home went to take the battery out of the drone to recharge it and it was stuck, took me a few minutes of heavy pulling to get the battery out and i have noticed that 2 of the terminal in the battery seem to have melted slighty shown in picture. Connection inside the drone looks fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and know what caused it and is the drone safe to fly?

This is my second P4pro as my first one was exchanged because of a fault.

Thanks.

John.

20190214_122845.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if this helps, but when I got my drone back from DJI, a battery sensor error appeared on my screen so it wouldnt fly. DJI replaced the drone. You may want to reach out to customer support... even though their customer support is a joke! Good luck.

Yes looks like something cause short,,do you have another batt to use,,I myself would not fly that batt again,,does it slide in and out ok or very tight and ugly,,I would contact dji if under warranty,,my p4 fell from sky from using bad battery so caution on that,,it's possible it somehow move to cause short ,if iner terminals are ok,,lucky nothing happen in flight,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes looks like something cause short,,do you have another batt to use,,I myself would not fly that batt again,,does it slide in and out ok or very tight and ugly,,I would contact dji if under warranty,,my p4 fell from sky from using bad bad so caution on that,,it's possible it somehow move to cause short ,if iner terminals are ok,,lucky nothing happen in flight,
A short or most likely a bad connection causing a hot spot where very little contact is made with the battery contacts. I'd contact support on this one. Also how meany time did you use that battery? Did it work normally before?

You aren’t the first with this issue and will have no trouble finding examples of the similar experience by others if you search.

Have a good look inside the battery compartment. Very unlikely the mating terminal in the male connector would not be damaged also.

You didn’t have the battery fully seated. Probably fair to argue DJI is partially responsible as the battery installation is a long way from foolproof.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Drone is over a year old so will not be covered by warranty.

I have over 600 flights on this drone so i am pretty sure the battery was seated properly.

Could flying in high winds have caused the battery to overheat as it was pretty windy when i was flying.

I shall buy a new battery and hopefully it shall not happen again.

Thanks.

John.

I don't think winds have to do with that. I tend to believe that battery was already damaged when you inserted the battery before flying. How many cycles do you have on it? does it show signs of swelling?

I have the same problem and error message with a brand new out of the box battery purchased from B&H Photo last week. Attempted to use it yesterday, and it would not work.

In addition, two of the battery purchased last year never worked and another one has now given the same error message. In total, that is four out of eight batteries that do not work, all purchased in June of last year.

Yikes! there is very wrong with them, it is not us.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart