Phantom 4 gimbal camera vibrate

Reaction score
I am experiencing gimbal shakes when I push it hard in sport mode or when just camera is looking vertically down. In all other cases everything is working fine. I tried to alter gain settings but nothing changed. I had a hard landing 2 months ago. P4 is perfect without cracks or any other visible or audible clues.
What do you think guys? I feel that the gimbal gets repositioned or something when trying to maintain leveled when pushed hard. Like a tooth in a gear is missing?.. =(
Or is it normal?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The only similar case I found is the video below which showcases exactly the same problem without giving any clues or comments about the error or a fix. Is my case so rare? =(
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

have the same issue...have you solved it?

With the camera pointing straight down, the gimbal is the least efficient, so some minor vibration or occasional twitching is expected. Sports mode is not intended for smooth filming but for FPV fun flying. The image will shake and vibrate a lot, also the propellers will be more or less constantly visible in the footage. For filming, use the regular P mode.

Reactions: skellyrocker
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue with my P4. Is it a hardware issue or firmware?
I did 2 things: 1. Cold EMU calibration 2. I turn off the VPS I had understood that all that shaking was happening when phantom was trying to correct its position through VPS or sattelites. Flying in ATTI of course helps 100% for a butter smooth flight. Also I noted that when tempretures went back to normal, 8-15 degrees celsius, everything is ok again. All the above scenes were taken between -5 to 3 degrees.

I did 2 things: 1. Cold EMU calibration 2. I turn off the VPS I had understood that all that shaking was happening when phantom was trying to correct its position through VPS or sattelites. Flying in ATTI of course helps 100% for a butter smooth flight. Also I noted that when tempretures went back to normal, 8-15 degrees celsius, everything is ok again. All the above scenes were taken between -5 to 3 degrees.
What is an EMU? Do you mean you did an IMU calibration when the bird was cold? I'll try turning off downward VPS but I thought that was for indoor flying only. Interesting to note about the temperature. I'm in the complete opposite and have noticed these issues above 90 deg F.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen