Phantom 4 choppy video

Reaction score
Hi All,
Rookie pilot here again. Shot some cool scenery of the Lake Huron beach in Sarnia, Ontario last Saturday. The video clips are all choppy, or stuttering on playback. They recorded in .MOV format and play back in Apple QuickTime. Any ideas for smoother videos?
Thanks!
Bill

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am going to guess you recorded the video in 4K, and are playing it back on a laptop not capable of 4K. It probably seems to be playing in slow motion too. you can change that in the camera settings. While in that setting menu, you can change it to save in mp4 which can be played back on more devices.

Sent from Rich's iPad
Phantom 4 Pilot

Going to agree with Rich here, it's probably the computer. Virtually all newish windows PC video players can play MOV files and I can't remember the last time I had QuickTime installed on a PC.

Thanks, guys. 4K it was. Video actually played fine on my wife's brand new Mac Mini. I think I'll set it at 1080p, 30 frames per second.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

1080 will give you a nice video but if you record in 4K or 2.7 and render down with software to 1080p 30fps your video will be much better and you will be able to play on other devices. And one day if you are like me you will have a 4K TV and you will be able to watch all your videos` in high res.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan