Phantom 4 carry on luggage

Im going to bali next month on emmerates they say it has to be checked in cannot be taken as carry on. Batteries have to be taken as carry on. I read loads of people taking them on planes with no problems though. Check your airlines web site

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can absolutely take it as (or in) a carry-on. Many people have traveled around the world with no issues. Batteries should not be checked, but you don't need to discharge them either way.

From emerates Web site...

For safety reasons, we can’t allow drones on board as cabin baggage. Drones can be accepted as checked-in baggage only. If you have a drone in your checked-in baggage you’ll be asked to either secure the Lithium batteries within the drone or remove the batteries and carry them in your cabin baggage. This regulation still applies even if you’re connecting to our flights from an airline that has accepted drones as cabin baggage.
Items containing explosives are not allowed on board

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: sgeiger
I regularly fly with Singapore airlines and have had no issues whatsoever with taking my P4 and two batteries as onboard luggage. There is a limit of two batteries from memory and they need to be secured in the case to prevent any ignition/shorting events. The information is on their website.

Thanks tevek
I will discharge the lipos to around 25% tape the terminals and store them in a lipobag that should keep them happy i guess

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
You'll be fine, I left one in the drone and the other in a lipo bag. The only interest I ever had were enquiries as to where to get one. I had a printed copy of the the dji spec sheet in case I was ever asked, that has never happened.

Hi Doc flew out from Sydney to Cebu last month with Cebu Pacific and never had a problem. The return trip was also a no hassle affair. Packed the props in my checked luggage ( sharp objects ) the batteries had their terminals taped then packed individually in lipobags ,discharged to 25% all 4 batteries, the Phantom 4 and batteries, charger, controller all went on as carry on luggage. My only holdup was with curious officials wanting to know the ins and outs of the machine and wanting to have a look at it. All the best with your trip I am sure if you are up front with everyone you wii have no problem

What are the rules over there regarding drones?

For a drone similar to a Phantom, they are classified as a hobby and it's basically a free for all with the obvious exceptions. I flew mine in the middle of metro Manila and gave the controls to a cop for a try. You wouldn't be doing that in Perth... For drones that you are deriving an income from, the beaurocracy is unbelievable and an expensive process, by Philippines standards, and mostly avoided if you can. As for Cebu and even Mindinao, if you avoid the congested areas, go for it. The locals are extremely curious and love watching them fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl