Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Phantom 3 with some fuzzy parts on video anyone know why? (watch link)

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by minitronproductions, Jul 7, 2015.

1. minitronproductions

This is a link to a video that i shot. The video looks great except when i get to dark spots it gets white fuzzy sparkling things going on anyone have any idea how to fix this? much appreciated!
    video link:

2. cnynctry

It looks like it's caused by the highlight being blown out. The info on the settings of the camera might help. It looks like a challenging day for video. Dark car dark clouds but also places where the sky and clouds are very bright..

3. minitronproductions

I had a buddy look at it he says he calls it zebra stripes. These are the settings if you need more
    Let me know. I appreciate the help. He said if I can get the camera off auto mode I may be able to fix it. I have no idea how to do that haven't began googling.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. Ferdi

Those are not Zebra Stripes. The Zebra Pattern is activated when you turn on the "Over Exposure Warning" in the settings and is only a guide to show you which parts of the image are being over-exposed, and as such would appear in the highlights not the shadows. It's never recorded onto the video file itself.

That being said, I have seen some horrible footage from the Inspire1 (which uses the same camera under the hood), but have never seen that kinda artefacts.

I agree with your mate that you should not shoot in Auto mode. Have you seen this on other videos or just this one?

5. minitronproductions

Yeah I have seen it in a few videos. Day shoot and night shoots. I mean the stripes actually appear on the video and photos. Look at the silver and white car that's with a picture. Really weird. Any advice on what settings to use and how to get it out of auto camera settings.

Attached Files:

6. Ferdi

7. minitronproductions

thanks this is a video i shot in my old settings have yet to try the new ones.

8. minitronproductions

some fuzzyness on the car and in dark spots and in the sky around 60 seconds hope to test it soon.