phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Hello all I have the phantom 3 standard, I have had it for a year now, I enjoy flying it, its a lot of fun, Now when do I have to update firmware, I only had to do it one time, and that was last year in 2017 in the fall, but it has not come up on my phone in a long time saying upgrade firmware, so do you think I should just leave it be, or how long will it be before it shows up again, where it will show upgrade, thanks for any advice,

Hello all I have the phantom 3 standard, I have had it for a year now, I enjoy flying it, its a lot of fun, Now when do I have to update firmware, I only had to do it one time, and that was last year in 2017 in the fall, but it has not come up on my phone in a long time saying upgrade firmware, so do you think I should just leave it be, or how long will it be before it shows up again, where it will show upgrade, thanks for any advice,
I have a P3S as well. Last update was July 2017. Nothing to update at this point. DJI is working on other stuff and leaving the P3 alone.

If and when DJI rolls out another update, the DJI Go app will alert you. At that point it's your option to update or ignore.

I wouldn't update at all. Even if one pops up. I use my Phantom 3 standard occasionally, and the Firmware from July 2017 is a good one. I have gotten over a mile range with it and no glitches. This Firmware is very good. If they roll out new Firmware, chances are it might make your drone lose range and have glitches, like some updates from years past have. Many people will downgrade after an update to older Firmware just because the older is tried and true and just better all around. Good range and no glitches. I have over 300 flights and over 7000 hours of flight time on the latest firmware from July 2017, and I only had an issue on flight 4 of 300. That's a pretty good record IMO. Sometimes updates will cause drone to act erratically and do the dreaded things such as crash or fly away! I would stick with the Firmware you got. Don't update and your drone will fly fine for years to come! (Provided you don't crash it...)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nwbailey