Phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
This picture is about 200 meters up and I was curious why the picture went black on my iPhone 6. Did I lose signal? Any help would be nice. Thanks

039ac325dcff8c3c752afda9f75c21dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You are flying in an area with many private homes. That means a lot of wireless access points (wifi) to interfere with your wifi connections to your drone. Of course, the farther you get your drone away from you radio, the weaker your wifi signal.

I can't see the photo on my CryPad, but if you are flying above you at that height, you will have antenna issues. Orientation is everything and as posted above, try and get away from sources of wifi.

Alright thank you for the replies I didn't know that other wifi interfere with the connection. That makes sense though. I was in front of my home when I was flying and I have really strong wifi at my house

How far ahead of yourself were you? Were you right above yourself?

If going for height above yourself, I find it better to have the antennas perpendicular with the ground as that way the signal will beam up.

Alright thank you for the replies I didn't know that other wifi interfere with the connection. That makes sense though. I was in front of my home when I was flying and I have really strong wifi at my house

Its not the connection with your house that matters. Its the connection between your smartphone/tablet and the wifi in the drone. You get those far apart, the signal gets weak. The stronger signals nearer to the smartphone/tablet (other houses) interfere with that weaker airborne signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan