Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

After trying this out I can say....skip DJI GO. Doesn't work correctly with this hack. Got the boost to kick in successfully but after a while it changed back to 17db (ce). I didn't set a new home point or anything. It just changed back after a few minutes.

It seems to me that the command iw list gives us information about the power of 5.8 GHz. Can anyone confirm this?

It seems to me that the command iw list gives us information about the power of 5.8 GHz. Can anyone confirm this?

That wifi card is dual band. Works on 2.4 and 5.8. However 5.8 band is not used.
For control link 5.8 there is separate module based on BK5811 chipset. (which in fact works on 5.1 and 5.8)
Control link is not typical wifi connection. It's a 1Mbps continuous one-way data connection.

today test at country side
3300meter reached

Attachments

• QMemo+_2016-06-22-17-03-37~01.png
    QMemo+_2016-06-22-17-03-37~01.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 560
Reactions: Davey B
Can you post photo of the antenna? Try to find it at aliexpress. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone had any luck fixing their brick through a firmware update? One of the solder pads on my bird's gimbal logic board is missing (thank you DJI :))))) you're very helpful) so I can't repair through serial. :/

DJI GO change the region - solution the problem

Reg setting to US by every minute would not cause any possible problem? Sudden loss of connection when CRDA calling, etc. If not, it would be a good solution.

And, is there any reason to setting it in rcS instead of djiled.sh? If not, adding those in the djiled.sh would be safer way, cause minor mistake in editing rcS can brick a phantom easily.

Reg setting to US by every minute would not cause any possible problem? Sudden loss of connection when CRDA calling, etc. If not, it would be a good solution.

And, is there any reason to setting it in rcS instead of djiled.sh? If not, adding those in the djiled.sh would be safer way, cause minor mistake in editing rcS can brick a phantom easily.

according to rc.S command sequence, you can add following command in djiled.sh but make sure put it before the while loop
iw reg set US
and
iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

if you want to make sure txpower = 2700 every second, you can try to put it inside the while loop.....

according to rc.S command sequence, you can add following command in djiled.sh but make sure put it before the while loop
iw reg set US
and
iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

if you want to make sure txpower = 2700 every second, you can try to put it inside the while loop.....

I'm planning to add "watch & trigger" script that watch dmesg(or tail /var/log/messages), set it to separate background process, make it find string like "Calling CRDA" then run "iw reg" after some delay. I think that would let avoid over-issuing iw command, and will minimize bad side-effects, give minimum burden to RC's mcu.

Last edited:

I'm very pleased to watch your successful result too.

On my last test with FCC mod, though the video was very smooth and showed no-disconnect until 5.8g signal disappeared, I felt some increased latency in the video as the bird goes far. Did you had the delay too? I thought it probably result from decreased wifi link speed.

The delay continued until it made back to home point(and delay was worsen time to time). I thought it was tablet's lack of performance that made delay, but I'd like to check that it was only happening to me.

Thank you!

The connection is not dropped. Re-installing the same region makes no changes.

Reactions: Argonaise

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor