Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Ojcze, or anyone else, has this been confirmed working as well on the P3A/P3P/P4? Anyone tried?
P3s only. Maybe the 4k but not sure if anybody tested that yet. P3a/p does not have a wifi to connect to afaik. Lightbridge is different.

Does this work with the DJI Go app too at the moment? Or only with third party applications. And can I put the mod files just in my sd cart from the DJI Phantom 3 standard? or doesn't that work?

Does this work with the DJI Go app too at the moment? Or only with third party applications. And can I put the mod files just in my sd cart from the DJI Phantom 3 standard? or doesn't that work?

This mod has nothing to do with either app. This mod is for the Wifi connection from the controller to the drone.

No, this mod is changing flies in the file system of both units and has nothing to do with the SD card.

This mod has nothing to do with either app. This mod is for the Wifi connection from the controller to the drone.

No, this mod is changing flies in the file system of both units and has nothing to do with the SD card.

Actually since I read the DJI Go app is changing the FCC back to CE, and litchy doesn't it does have something to do with both apps.

to avoid more and more user brick the RC/Drone, I discover a new solution to do this mod:

1) connect RC/Drone
2) ftp to 192.168.1.1
3) get /sbin/djiled.sh to PC
4) open it by notepad++ / gedit / vi
5) add telnetd -l /bin/ash & at line 2, you must add at line2 before the while loop started
6) put djiled.sh back to RC, make sure file mode = 775 (rwx rwx r_x)
7) repeat step 3-6 at 192.168.1.2
8) make sure nothing wrong then reboot

by adding telnetd -l /bin/ash to djiled.sh, telnet will start when system boot, so we can use telnet to access rc/drone without touching the important file "rcS". If u make anything wrong in djiled.sh, the wifi still can startup and u can do it again until success (well, that's what I guess, i dont want to try...)

For step 9-14, if your rc/drone are using fcc mode as default, then you can skip it, dont touch the rcS file.
Use my "channel 13 mod" script at post#266, it will do 27dbm mod for you. so rcS remain as DJI original one make no chance to brick !
For more detail about "channel 13 mod", take a look at post#199-200
you can type "iw reg get" to check you are in fcc or ce

9) telnet to 192.168.1.2 (yes, patch drone side first)
10) run following command 1 by 1 to patch the rcS, it will make a copy, patch FCC mode, set open channel 1-13 and 27dbm

cp /etc/init.d/rcS /etc/init.d/rcS.bck
sed -i 's/GB/OK/g' /etc/init.d/rcS
echo "iw reg set BO" >>/etc/init.d/rcS
echo "iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700" >>/etc/init.d/rcS

PS: you can vi /etc/init.d/rcS to edit by yourself too, don't try if you ask what is vi

11) cat /etc/init.d/rcS
make sure only new content is added (no diff installed, so you have to check file by yourself)

12) ls -ltr /etc/init.d/rcS
make sure it have execute mode (rwx rwx r_x)

13) repeat step 10 to12 @192.168.1.1

14) correct me if any step is wrong or missing, then reboot rc + drone

patch the rcS by telnet at RC/Drone can avoid incorrect EOL format and file changed to non-executable accidentally

in addition, you can use "channel 13 mod" at post#266, just download and save setchan.sh at /usr/sbin (192.168.1.1 only) then run, default will auto select best channel from 1 to 13 for you.
You can execute as "setchan.sh 13" to force it to use channel 13 (1 to 13)

---------not suggest to auto start, because need to modify rcS file, u can simply telnet to 192.168.1.1 on your phone and run setchan.sh manually ---------

if you want to make setchan.sh autorun when boot, use following command at 192.168.1.1
echo "sleep 30" >>/etc/init.d/rcS
echo "setchan.sh" >>/etc/init.d/rcS

or, if you want to use channel 13 only
echo "sleep 30" >>/etc/init.d/rcS
echo "setchan.sh 13" >>/etc/init.d/rcS

no more new bricked RC/Drone cause by "27dbm mod" !
Can steps 9-14 be done on Windows or would it be better to use a terminal app on android due to the Linux commands?

Something a bit weird happened to me during my tests last night and not sure if it is a fluke or expected behavior. Before running any script I was to going validate the stock US (FCC) settings and log that info. First of all, my experience was that the drone never got to 27dBM without an application being loaded so that aligns with what was reported above. Also, when I launced Litchi, it never updated either. I had a bit of a problem getting DJI Go App to connect after closing Litchi so I had to reset everything and start over. On next reboot I used DJI Go App and everything was set to 27dBm as expected. So a couple of observations / questions.
1. Is DJI Go App required to fully set the country and GPS settings correctly?
2. Does it work correctly with Litchi or other apps for other users?
3. What is the proper order of power-on devices/apps that is recommended? I had some weirdness with switching between apps once one of them had synced with the RC/Drone and had to reset everything and start over or just power cycle the RC even with the Drone still powered on. That seems to go against power-on order of operations but seemed to work for me.

Does anyone else have any issues switching between apps without having to power cycle everything or is that expected?

I use only Litchi. I do not even open DJI GO anymore, in fact I'm going to erase it.

hey bro dont need buy a remote.. if you are using 1.6.8 firmware then download 1.5.7 firmware. and put it in to a SD card. turn on the remote, turn on the aircraft, and then put the SD card to drone.. then I will downgrade the firmware in to 1.5.7+ so all the thing you made will be fixed.. you can do this because you are only loosing video feed...

i think nope! because wlan is not showing on remote, so we cant update the remote too.

Got P3S yesterday. Not happy with range. Considering I also live in dense residential area with hundreds of wifi networks around.
So I tried to hack(?) in to it to see what can be done.
I was so far successful getting inside via FTP :

IP: 192.168.1.1
User : root
Pass : Big~9China

Now I can see entire linux system,
Found an interesting bit in configuration file that loads the module with parameter if the location is 'GB'. I presume 'GB' means europe (as opposed to US and JP )

This is from one the three interesting rcS files inside /etc/config/

rcSap

#!/bin/sh

# This script runs when init it run during the boot process.
# Mounts everything in the fstab

mount -o remount +w /
mount -t tmpfs mdev /dev
mkdir -p /dev/pts
mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts
mount -t sysfs sysfs /sys
mount -t proc proc /proc
mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /tmp
echo /sbin/mdev > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
mdev -s

mknod /dev/caldata b 31 6
mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
mkdir /var/run
mkdir /var/lock
mkdir /var/log
/sbin/klogd
/sbin/syslogd

insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/compat.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/crypto_blkcipher.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/crc-ccitt.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/arc4.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/cfg80211.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/mac80211.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/ath.ko
country=`fw_printenv -n country`
if [ $country = "GB" ];then
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/ath9k_hw.ko cert_country=1
else
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/ath9k_hw.ko
fi
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/ath9k_common.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/ath9k.ko

echo dji > /proc/sys/kernel/hostname
/etc/init.d/sysfixtime boot

iw dev wlan0 del
#iw phy phy0 set antenna all all
iw phy phy0 set antenna_gain 0
iw phy phy0 set distance 0
iw phy phy0 interface add wlan0 type managed

ifconfig wlan0 up

brctl addbr br-lan
ifconfig br-lan 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
dwifi ap start
apsrv &

ifconfig usb0 hw ether 60:60:1f:ff:ff:ff up
brctl addif br-lan usb0
brctl addif br-lan wlan0

ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up
/usr/sbin/udhcpd -S /etc/udhcpd.conf &
#telnetd -l /bin/ash &
mkdir -m 0755 -p /var/run/vsftpd
/usr/sbin/vsftpd &
djiled.sh &

iw phy phy0 set retry short 1 long 1
iw phy phy0 set rts off
iw phy phy0 set frag 256
iw dev wlan0 set noack_map 0x00c0

End of that file....

So in case you missed it or don't want to read entire file here is the interesting bit :

country=`fw_printenv -n country`
if [ $country = "GB" ];then
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/ath9k_hw.ko cert_country=1
else
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.49/ath9k_hw.ko
fi

For those who are not programmers, this part of script decides how to load the wifi module (driver).
If the country is GB it will append a parameter "cert_country=1" to the module.
Otherwise it will load the driver without parameter , without limiting the transmit power <---- and THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ALL WANT ;)

I have been able to modify via this FTP connection so I removed 'cert_country=1' from it hoping it will do the trick, however after the reboot the file came back to original state (overwriting my changes). Need some help to get this stay permanently.

Hopefully someone with more brains can help.
Have anyone tried connecting via TTL serial ?

Hope to get this solved soon, range is crap on stock P3S in europe mode.
I'm however extremely happy with the performance of the aircraft itself. Amazing stability, amazing quality video, I definitely do not need 4k.

Good luck. And don't forget to share your findings :p

Thanks.
Tom.
Hi Tom, I'm a Phantom 3 Standar user from China,I've a quetion ask u,Did you succeed?At last,what time is now?

I've done the mod and before starting dji go or litchi I checked iwinfo and the power was 27db however I checked again after opening litchi and the power was 17db. I cannot get it to stay at 27. Any ideas?

Can steps 9-14 be done on Windows or would it be better to use a terminal app on android due to the Linux commands?
no different if you follow step and use telnet to run commands, they will executed on rc/drone, but be sure it is correct, because if rc.S file is corrupted, your rc/drone will be brick

I've done the mod and before starting dji go or litchi I checked iwinfo and the power was 27db however I checked again after opening litchi and the power was 17db. I cannot get it to stay at 27. Any ideas?

try to build a script with endless while loop and make it apply 27dbm every second....

Hi guys,
I just want to be clear with this.
Making 27dbm will increase video link, and setting channel 13 will increase range in obstructed area, is that right?
I had set my rc to 27db old unsafe way. Only thing I noticed is amazing smooth video link, but range was the same as before.
EDIT: I fly around 40 minuttes and did not noticed any overheating i RC.

Same experience im getting.

Does anyone else have any issues switching between apps without having to power cycle everything or is that expected?
i have similar issues with an android device but not other solution than power cycling yet,
especially an old version, dji go 2.01 screwed everything up deeply, ultimate flight seems also crap.

I use your setchan.sh and after i start dji go app it's changed dBm back. Should I modify rcs file ?
if dji go changed dbm back, modify rc.S should be same result, because it just a command execute while system startup (rc.S) or after startup

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT