Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Do 'sh /usr/sbin/selchan.sh'

Maybe. It's a path issue so use 'ls' until you get successful result and run sh or bash against that.

It's also doing ./usr... for some reason could probably be just /

Do 'sh /usr/sbin/selchan.sh'

Maybe. It's a path issue so use 'ls' until you get successful result and run sh or bash against that.

It's also doing ./usr... for some reason could probably be just /
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've tried running setchan.sh directly from CLI and also ./usr/sbin/setchan.sh.

Ok, got it working now. SingLag's v1.1 script worked perfectly this time. I have no idea what was up with the 1.0 script as I downloaded it a couple of times when I was trying a couple days ago. Either way, now it works as soon as I telnet in and don't have to even worry with pointing to the /usr/sbin directory. I tested indoors so it had GB (I'm FCC but no GPS yet) and then the script proceeded to set the country to BO and set the dBm to 27. I tested a 2nd time and used the -ch 13 argument and it set it to channel 13 as expected. SingLag this script is awesome and I appreciate your efforts with this script. Not sure how you could improve it any further but I'll keep an eye out for any updates. I like the fact I run this manually anytime I want and not worry about any permanent settings.

Reactions: SingLag
I update setchan.sh to version 1.1 for user who have external booster for his RC
#Version 1.1
# 1) Add new user argument
# -ch for set channel number, eg. -ch 13
# -booster will limit RC tx power to 20Dbm for protect your external booster
# 2) Add Restart udhcp and apsvr

setchan.sh

I looked at your new script. You correct channel in the file /tmp/run/hostapd-phy0.conf (sed -i "/channel=/c\channel=$CH" /tmp/run/hostapd-phy0.conf). And then you start the service with the file /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf (/usr/sbin/hostapd -P /var/run/wifi-phy0.pid -B /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf).
Is it right?

I looked at your new script. You correct channel in the file /tmp/run/hostapd-phy0.conf (sed -i "/channel=/c\channel=$CH" /tmp/run/hostapd-phy0.conf). And then you start the service with the file /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf (/usr/sbin/hostapd -P /var/run/wifi-phy0.pid -B /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf).
Is it right?

yes, they share same mount point

This is my test result. Got a good video transmission under 1km range. Seems 5.8g signal is weakened.
But the two(2.4g, 5.8g) balances well around 1km range. P3S became more useful ever.
Special thanks for Tom, and SingLag, and people contributed to establish the mod.

This is before the mod, at same place, same FW(1.5.7). Note the delay & intermittent discontinue of video the 1km.

But user kadek sudarwika reported his RC is bricked despite of successful application of 27dbm setting, after fifth flight.
Described his RC became very hot, and video transmission showed much lag.
Possible H/W damage due to increased power consumption?

Thought 1-cell RC battery in the P3S will not be able to hold much power consumption before, and this can be a cause of the problem.
Can this be an issue in this mod?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ojcze Nasz
I think if DJI specs tells that in CE mode power limit is 20 dBm and txpower is default set to 17 dBm (from iwinfo) so in FCC mode we should set txpower limit 2400 (3 dBm less).

This is my test result. Got a good video transmission under 1km range. Seems 5.8g signal is weakened.
But the two(2.4g, 5.8g) balances well around 1km range. P3S became more useful ever.
Special thanks for Tom, and SingLag, and people contributed to establish the mod.

This is before the mod, at same place, same FW(1.5.7). Note the delay & intermittent discontinue of video the 1km.

But user kadek sudarwika reported his RC is bricked despite of successful application of 27dbm setting, after fifth flight.
Described his RC became very hot, and video transmission showed much lag.
Possible H/W damage due to increased power consumption?

Thought 1-cell RC battery in the P3S will not be able to hold much power consumption before, and this can be a cause of the problem.
Can this be an issue in this mod?
Setchan.sh Version 1.21
setchan.sh

Add option for user to change RC and drone side dbm
default DBM decrease to 24dbm for safe, user can change default value at line28, 29

Last edited:
What is de best path to place this script? Does it make any difference if it is on the remote or drone?

Hi SingLag, if I have already manually patched the rcS, will I need to remove the added lines in the rcS file, or the script checks this first, and changes the existing value?

For example I have set iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2400 manually, before the script got out, but I noticed it was getting hot. I can vi the file and change it to 2000 but, I was wondering if your script can do it automatically?

EDIT:

OK, I got what the app does. It just runs the command without editing the rcS, so it overwrites the value that was set during the boot.

I also noticed that once the DJI GO app makes GPS lock, the iw reg is set to GB automatically. Will it be good idea to run the script again once the home position is updated?

Last edited:
@Argonaise can you please post your script for doing the patch after the home lock has kicked in? :)

Also can someone do iwinfo who is from US? To get the default FCC value?

I made a script "/sbin/settx" to patch wifi setting after GPS lock.
Once I tested Litchi app to confirm this app skips applying wifi regulations when GPS lock kicks in,
but soon I found FCC reverted back to CE. I manually typed "iw reg set BO; iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700;"
after that time, I found this setting retained all over the flight. Typed few times, and soon I tired to text every command
so I just made a script to automate this.
I splitted setchan.sh into /sbin/setch and /sbin/settx.
/sbin/setch is executed in the boot process within /sbin/djiled.sh. I manually run /sbin/settx after GPS lock.

#!/bin/sh
iw reg set BO
iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700
{ sleep 1;echo "iw reg set BO";echo "iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700";sleep 1;} | telnet 192.168.1.2

copied & pasted this from setchan.sh with vi editor in the telnet shell.
execute "chmod 755 /sbin/settx" to give this exec permission.

Along the video I posted above, execute this script after GPS lock.
You may run "iwinfo" to see the patch is applied well.

@Argonaise awesome :) Thanks!

I ran 2400 for some time like 30 min or so, and it seemed ok so far. On 2700 is overheating. I will change the txpower limit to 2000 just to start gradually and test the behavior.

Setchan.sh Version 1.2
setchan.sh

Add option for user to change RC and drone side dbm
default DBM decrease to 24dbm for safe

I asked kadek that whether he used setting "txpower limit 2700" or "txpower fixed 2700".
He answered as he used "fixed" setting, and I guess it probably overheated his RC.
It is like the case that give motor 100% throttle throughout whole flight. In that situation any motor or esc will be fried without good margin.
He used Argtek antenna with this mod, and it would possibly aggravate the situation, overdriving power consumption than stock ones.

I see now "limit 2700" is rather safe than I thought, but came to know that long flight at the long distance could possibly brick RC.
Forum user sunkyu told me that Drone will endure more heat cause it is cooled through flight, and RC would be in worse situation than drone. It would be better to set different power limit to both sides, like drone side limit 2700 and RC side limit 2400. The goods and bads about it would be personal preference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT