Phantom 3 Standard on British Airways/Aer Lingus?

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 standard, one battery, and the official DJI backpack and I’m wondering if I can bring it on a British airways flight from New York to London, then from London to Warsaw. I called British airways and after a ten minute wait some Indian guy picked up and didn’t understand me the first two times I asked if drones are allowed. Then he was like "oh DRONE," no drones allowed only in checked luggage. Meanwhile, I checked every forum out there and people have brought their drones with no problem. The TSA says drones are allowed through security but it depends on the airline if they allow it. I mean if I’m just wearing a normal backpack that says DJI on it they’re not gonna stop me right? Let’s say if I do get it to the UK, will the UK TSA or whatever the equivalent is let it through? Then on the way back I’m taking Aer Lingus, which I’m pretty sure is no problem but still, I just want to make sure before I lose this 500 dollar machine.

Sorry about that. I live in London and the call center staff are 99.9% of the time a call from India. Ring up again and speak to a British person. That guy was a lemon.

I have brought my P3A and 3 batteries in and out of UK several times. No problems, on the way to the plane security do tend to give it the once over. Batteries must be in hand luggage, I personally wouldn't put my phantom in hold luggage - I've seen how they handle the bags when out of sight....

Check your case is within the max hand luggage dimensions and weight.
Changes to baggage allowances | British Airways
Banned and restricted items | Baggage essentials | British Airways

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/baggage-information/cabin-baggage/

Discharge battery to 50% and tape over the contacts, just to be sure, and it demonstrates you have taken care, must be hand luggage for battery. I have never had any problems with BA, but it is the security you have to get through, again security have never even looked at my case.

Just flew to Europe with my P3S as cabin baggage on Condor + Lufthansa (Germany and Italy) and had zero issues. What I did, to be safe, was to print out the FAA page that covers lithium batteries, so in case you run into the over-zealous or ignorant TSA agent, you can show that P3 batteries are well below the allowed limit of 100Wh.
Also, as a backup measure, I bought two cheap LiPo bags from eBay (you can find them specifically for P3 batteries) so if they ask you to check your bag at the gate because the cabin is full, you can quickly remove the batteries and keep them with you.

Just flew to Europe with my P3S as cabin baggage on Condor + Lufthansa (Germany and Italy) and had zero issues. What I did, to be safe, was to print out the FAA page that covers lithium batteries, so in case you run into the over-zealous or ignorant TSA agent, you can show that P3 batteries are well below the allowed limit of 100Wh.
Also, as a backup measure, I bought two cheap LiPo bags from eBay (you can find them specifically for P3 batteries) so if they ask you to check your bag at the gate because the cabin is full, you can quickly remove the batteries and keep them with you.
I am in 2 minds about the LiPo safe bags, yes they are excellent, but to those who do not understand, they appear to indicate this product is so dangerous it has to be packed in a special bag, and then they stop you and check, and ask questions and delay you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures