Phantom 3 Standard need updates from Dec. 2015

Reaction score
Got a P3 Standard in December of 2015. Friend crashed it. Made him buy it. He sat on it till now and I got it back from him to fix and keep for myself. Minor damage other than Gimbal twitching on start up and ribbon cable nicked so I replaced it. I get messages saying I need to update and a weak signal on remote controller on DJI App and no video. I relinked the remote control to drone. I have a green light. I still don't have a good connection on DJI Ap and it still says weak signal. I then tried to do a Firmware update since it's been sitting since Dec. 2015. I tried the latest update but it failed 3 times after trying to format sd card and trying new sd card which was formatted as well. I downloaded the update onto sd card then put it in drone when I tried because I get a (Device Disconnected. Please check) on the DJI App. and it won't install from the app. So what do I try next? After looking all over internet I'm guessing I need older firmware versions??? HELP!!!

From the firmware since dec 2015 up to now sept 2017 I am guessing the leap is to big. You may need to start updating with a few firmware updates from 2016. Just a guess mind you and I could be wrong

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
From the firmware since dec 2015 up to now sept 2017 I am guessing the leap is to big. You may need to start updating with a few firmware updates from 2016. Just a guess mind you and I could be wrong

Thanks, but where do i find them? Not easy to find online!!

If you google dji go firmware it will be easily found. I don't have access to a laptop at the moment so I can't send you the link I have (also requested the mods to keep it as a sticky note on here) but hopefully you will be able to get hold of it before I upload the link in a few hours

I've noticed weak signal in my home when the drone is sitting next to the controller. I suspect my home wi-fi is interfering. Never get that message in the field.

Well, I tried downloading some of the older firmware and installedit on the sd card, put it back in, turned on the drone and I don't get the blinking red and green light. It just blinks green then solid green within 10 seconds.

How long did you leave it in their for? It takes around 20-30 mins. Make sure you have a fan to cool the gimble down as it updates and make sure battery is 100% before you start it

ok i tried power on the drone for over 20 minutes and still no change in lights. Just stayed solid green. What's next? Lol

The correct way to load updates on the P3S is via the wi-fi and not via the SD card. Given that all the updates contain a full 'firmware' set, you should be able to just load the latest one.

Trouble is - you already tried installing later FW ... that effectively shuts out earlier FW from installing.

Second - the P3S can be updated from the SD card ... it is not necessary to just do it via WiFi ... all WiFi does is copy the FW to the card and then card does the install ...

There is no reason to do any intermediate installs ... as long as you are going UP in FW ...

All FW versions are available via Papa Tita website or Phantomhelp.com

Nigel

Great! That's good to know. So your saying if I can get the latest FW it doesn't matter about the older versions, correct? I'll try it again!

Ok I installed latest FW on sd card and installed it on drone. I turned on drone and got red and green lights for a few seconds then it went straight red solid. It's still running now and making 3 beeping noises like it's installing. Is it though? Or because of solid red light it means it failed?

Ok so now Im back to original issue among other things. DJI Go will not upload Firmware. I get the infamous Network Connection Failed. Connect to available network. I'm showing that I'm connected though on phone.

Reactions: steve60

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94