Phantom 3 Standard ARGtek controller signal weak

Reaction score
So, I bought a Phantom 3 Standard and flew around a bit. Then, to get better range, I bought a windsurfer that worked nicely. It increased the range by about 1.5x and then the controller signal would still be good but the image signal would be gone. To get even more range, I bought the ArgTek antenna upgrade for the controller. The image signal is great now and has lots of range, but the controller signal is behacing weirdly. Firstly it seems to have a lower range now than the stock antenna with the windsurfer, and secondly it gets stronger and weaker . Sometimes, it will go from 3-4 bars to one bar or signal lost. Also, it changes when I change the orientation of the drone.

If anyone here has experience with the ArgTek antenna kit, do you have any idea what could be causing this and how it could be resolved?
I already took apart the controller again and redid all of the connections, I also covered the plugs in hot glue to make them stable.
What else can I do? Are there other 5.8G antennas out there that might work better? Or do I just have one with a bad contact or something?

If anyone can, please help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka