Phantom 3 Pro linking button missing

Reaction score
As the title states and as the picture relates, the button and led are straight up not there.

This started as a simple problem, or so I thought. Phantom 3 pro purchased from Ebay with the intentions of flying for personal fun and use but the drone sat for almost a year for various reasons. Recently purchased a spark ( and sequentially a Mavic Pro) and wanted the whole fleet running. Started charging everything up and realized that the remote must have a bad battery as it wasn't charging past 24% for some reason. No replacement batteries available and no real solutions to be found, I purchased a new remote.

Side note on this, the original remote was a GL358wB which only has the small usb port and no large usb port. Purchased from Ebay a GL300C, which I didn't think mattered much being both are able to be used for the phantom 3 plus it has the large usb port as well. Back to the story...

Looking online, the directions were quite clear and concise, either thru the app or by manual means ready the remote for pairing resulting in the beeping and blue led. This is where things take a weird turn. to place the aircraft into linking mode, use a pen or other pointy object to depress the button on the vision module and the led should do "stuff". Empty hole and no led!! took the cover off of the module to peek inside, maybe the button and led '"card" became dislodged? Nope! Nothing there at all!! strange, but ok, other models of the phantom 3 say to press the linking button further up on the frame of the aircraft and the red led should blink, which it does, but no link at all. the old remote links up fine, but the "wifi" connection is spotty and keeps dropping out and it will not charge (maybe the two issues are related?)

As I said and is shown in the picture, the whole button and led are just not there and I cannot link the new remote. Does anyone have ANY insight into what is going on here?

Attachments

• 20170825_224142.jpg
    20170825_224142.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,637
This board is not Phantom 3 Pro/Adv OFDM board. By MAC written on it I'd assume it is a kind of wifi. I've never seen Phantom 4K inside, but I would assume this is how it looks.

This board is not Phantom 3 Pro/Adv OFDM board. By MAC written on it I'd assume it is a kind of wifi. I've never seen Phantom 4K inside, but I would assume this is how it looks.

So, what your saying is somehow this board is a phantom 4 vision board married to phantom 3 innards? when it intermittently connects, it does so through the DJI pre 4 go app and comes up as a phantom 3 4k.

No. Nothing like that.

And yes, this is exactly what I said.

To conclude: you don't have Phantom 3 Pro.

Sorry, my misunderstanding came when you called it a phantom 4K

So, in conclusion, I am guessing that all phantom 3 remotes are not created equal, Is there a compatibility list for remotes somewhere?
Or maybe a replacement battery aftermarket?

Reactions: Chrisco C
Phantom 3 Pro and Adv are almost identical, only differences being one board on camera and charger. So all parts are compatible between these two.

Phantom 3 Std and 4K are much more different, but I don't know many details. These is a separate forum for these, you will probably get more help on the correct forum.

To conclude: you don't have Phantom 3 Pro.
Agreed. The moment I read GL358wB, I knew as most of us knew that was not a P3P RC.

Purchased from Ebay a GL300C
As you now know, a GL300C (or A or B) will not work with whichever of the wifi P3's you have. The GL300C (or A or B) will only work with a lightbridge P3 such as a P3P or P3A.

Phantom 3 Std and 4K are much more different, but I don't know many details. These is a separate forum for these, you will probably get more help on the correct forum.
@AirKen - this is good advice. The Standard/4k forum sounds like it would help you more than this Pro/Adv forum. In the mean time, do you have the link button located as shown in this video:

Last edited:
Yes, that link button is there, but that is not the problem with the GL358wB, it links up just fine, it is the battery that is the issue on that one. It will not charge beyond one led and shuts off.

Well, I tried a last ditch effort and fully discharged the remote. one led on the controller took a long time to discharge. and then before turning in for the night, it finally died. Zero charge! then I placed it on the charger and low and behold it took a full 100% charge!! now to deal with the wifi signal dropping out to my phone or tablet. it connects for a bit then drops out then connects etc. Maybe it is because of the Wifi signals around my house and business. I will have to try it in the field to see if that is the cause or not. Any ideas to get the signal better?

If an admin can move this to the P3 Std/4K area, that would be great!

@AirKen

If the unit has the visual positioning unit then the linking button is in that, google linking a P3 Advanced or Pro.

My old P2V had the hole and light and I had to google when I had to re link my advanced after an update

OK. In a Nutshell, I have the battery issue figured out and the remote is linked up to the aircraft. The next issue is, when I have my phone connected to the remote via wifi, the signal to the aircraft is spotty. It says weak controller signal and then switches to Disconnected and back to weak signal. not consistent at all. At first, i though it was the wifi at home or work being as that is primarily where I was working on the drone, but this afternoon I took it to a remote field by my house where there was no signal interference to speak of and was having the same issue. Haven't tried to fly with it yet because of this issue, I do not want to lose complete signal from the drone and risk any sort of fly away. I have tried it with my Samsung galaxy S6, S7 and S8 as well as my Samsung tablet and each has the same issue . Anyone with some insight?

is the firmware for both quad and TX up to date?

When I updated my quad without updating the Tx I had the same issue on my advanced, went ok after updating my TX

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164