Phantom 3 Advanced Repair

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I’m here because I just bought a Phantom 3 Advanced for very cheap from someone I know. They do real estate photography, but one of his friends crashed it, and he’s not the type of person who would take the time to fix it. Pictures are attached below (I hope I did that right: please tell me if there is a better way of attaching them)!

The body seems perfectly fine, aside from a little dirt and a few scratches. The controller is in great shape, as is the charger and the brand new set of black propellers that was included. Apparently the battery was ruined in the crash, so I’m going to buy a new one from Amazon.

The only piece that’s broken is the gimbal. The camera seems fine, but I haven’t gotten a chance to look very closely because I don’t have a hex bit that small. I definitely need new gimbal arms: I was thinking of buying this repair kit. I also need a new ribbon cable, as that was ripped in the crash.

What else do I need? It looks like one of the motors is missing and part of it is in one of the arms? I’m not sure. Is it worth sending it into DJI for repairs? I am perfectly capable of doing it myself, but I heard that the prices are surprisingly cheap. Is it still under warranty? I found an Amazon gift receipt in the box (I cropped it to hide the number), and it says it was purchased March 1, 2016. I assume I would still have to pay for the repairs since the crash wasn't DJI's fault, correct? Wouldn't they pay for the shipping since it's still under warranty?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_4332.JPG IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4334.JPG IMG_4335.JPG IMG_4336.JPG IMG_4337.JPG IMG_4338.JPG IMG_4339.JPG IMG_4340.JPG IMG_4341.JPG

I can't think of anything but looks like a fun project and a great find.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl