Phantom 2 Zenmuse Go-Pro... Which Set Up? (Monitor, FPV etc)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a repost, have spent several days trying to figure this out and getting frustrated. Already own a VISION (and will keep it for photos) but want to film better video.

I ordered a PHANTOM 2 w/ ZENMUSE Gimbal, however want to know what set-up you guys are using w/ stock transmitter, monitor (w/ cover), iosd, etc?

If you had links for each part that would amazing..

Again sorry if this is a repost, I just live in a country where it's not easy to get parts and just want to make sure I order everything I need to make it compatible

thanks so much everyone.

Re: Phantom 2 Zenmuse Go-Pro... Which Set Up? (Monitor, FPV

What else do I need?

Attachments

• order list for P2 zenmuse.jpg
    order list for P2 zenmuse.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 771

justicebentz said:
What else do I need?

You need to read the thread about DroneFly's customer service :)

Seriously though, will you be using GoPro hero as the FPV cam? Does the P2 already come with video cable for it?

LeoS said:
justicebentz said:
What else do I need?

Seriously though, will you be using GoPro hero as the FPV cam? Does the P2 already come with video cable for it?

The zenmuse handles the video-out for the gopro, at least the current one does (I'm assuming the one shipped with the P2 does as well).

justicebentz, it looks like you have the items you need on your list there, you'll just need a way to mount the video Tx on the phantom, and power the monitor, but other than that you're covered there for basic FPV. Also, be sure the receiver in that monitor works with the specific 5.8GHz channels that DJI uses (along with others).

Changed order as the Monitor already has a Rx, so dont need the Rx.

Yes will be using gopro as FPV only for framing as i will mostly be flying within sight of Phantom 2

Assuming by the tone that Dronefly customer service is bad???

OI Photography said:
LeoS said:
justicebentz said:
What else do I need?

The zenmuse handles the video-out for the gopro, at least the current one does (I'm assuming the one shipped with the P2 does as well).

justicebentz, it looks like you have the items you need on your list there, you'll just need a way to mount the video Tx on the phantom, and power the monitor, but other than that you're covered there for basic FPV. Also, be sure the receiver in that monitor works with the specific 5.8GHz channels that DJI uses (along with others).

Ok looking now for a power source for monitor... Any parts I need to order to mount the Tx on Phantom2?

Here is updated cart.

Attachments

• order list for P2 zenmuse.jpg
    order list for P2 zenmuse.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 720

You would have better service with buying from a Chinese seller on eBay. Stay away from dronefly.

The dji fpv setup is good but heavy. I prefer the fat shark or immerrsionrc setup. Less weight means more flight time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl