Phantom 2 vision plus power source?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an easy way to get full battery power from the inside of the phantom 2 vision plus? I placed a new gimbal and tried to get the power from the control unit (top 2 pins of F2) but the gimbal won't work. I'm thinking its not full power or am I wrong. I would like to know anyways so I can attach other things such as LED's or other items that may require power.

The main battery connector is under the wifi unit, which can be removed by taking out the one screw on its bracket, then pulling it up (it's stuck down with double-sided tape). However, I think that any motor power connector will do as well (they are all wired in parallel with main power).

Thanks for the description on removing the wi-fi unit. I tried touching the leads to the EC connections with the unit on and no luck, I'm afraid if I solder them on they may have an effect on the motors performance. I'm thinking the EC's only get full power when the motors are running?.

I installed my Flytrex Live by soldering directly to the power going to an ESC. It gets power all the time that you're on, not just when the motors are on.

Attachments

• P1010202small.jpg
    P1010202small.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 604
The Phantom boards are mostly coated with a clear plastic coating. That's why just touching the leads didn't register. This needs to be scraped or melted off before you'll get any electrical contact.

The ESCs get full power all the time the battery is plugged in and turned on. They only pass that power to the motor when the control signal says so, though.

Unless you're drawing significant power, I don't think tapping in to one ESC's lead will affect it in any way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT