Phantom 2 Vision+ No Live Video

Reaction score
I have not used my phantom in about a year. Last time I tried, about year ago, I could get no live video on my phone. At that time an iphone 5s. I figured it was an app issue and it has sat in its case ever since. Today I updated firmware on both phantom and controller.

Main Controller 3.14
GPS 6.0.1.4
Receiver-5.8G 1.0.1.3
P330CB 1.0.2.10
Battery 2.0.0.0
Zen IMU 1.0.0.6 (hardware id -1)

RC System
firmware 1.0.2.31
loader 12.1.0.3

So I try again. This time with my iphone 6s. App version 1.0.54(1946). Same thing. No video. I can see telemetry data. I can rotate camera up and down with app. I can snap photos and videos with the app and then see them with the album viewer in the app. I just cannot get a live view. I have deleted the app from iphone and then reinstalled. I have preview turned to lowest setting.

Any ideas?

I have not used my phantom in about a year. Last time I tried, about year ago, I could get no live video on my phone. At that time an iphone 5s. I figured it was an app issue and it has sat in its case ever since. Today I updated firmware on both phantom and controller.

Main Controller 3.14
GPS 6.0.1.4
Receiver-5.8G 1.0.1.3
P330CB 1.0.2.10
Battery 2.0.0.0
Zen IMU 1.0.0.6 (hardware id -1)

RC System
firmware 1.0.2.31
loader 12.1.0.3

So I try again. This time with my iphone 6s. App version 1.0.54(1946). Same thing. No video. I can see telemetry data. I can rotate camera up and down with app. I can snap photos and videos with the app and then see them with the album viewer in the app. I just cannot get a live view. I have deleted the app from iphone and then reinstalled. I have preview turned to lowest setting.

Any ideas?

Like they all said, the WIFI trans. module is burned out. A New one costs $179.00- $189.00. I would avoid buying one from Ebay because it may be old. The new replacement has vent holes all over the top cover. It's an easy fix. Search Youtube, you will find a video that was made on replacing the module.
I bought my P2V+ in Sept. 2014, and did not get around to powering it up till Nov. 2015 . Went crazy thinking software / firmware was the issue. Only after exhausting all the software combinations did I entertain the possibility the drone was dead on arrival. I opened up the Phantom and noticed a moldy
smell coming from the trans. module. It was quite intense. I searched this forum and found out that back in 2014 many people were having the "no live video feed problem", and the module was the culprit. That was enough evidence for me. I Replaced it and it works fine. Now my GPS signal is being interfered with. I will try covering the GPS cable with metal tape. I also have a motor that does not spin as freely as the other 3. The problems go on and on...... Teri

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan