Phantom 2 props on a Phantom 3 :( Will warranty cover it?

Reaction score
I'm in a world of hurt. I just used DJI's old prop guards (phantom 2) and found out after the fact the screws were too long. Will DJI still cover this if its a motor or ESC issue? I just submitted a ticket and probably won't hear anything back until Mon. I plan on calling in as well on Mon. Has anyone had experience with this?

I would not expect them to cover it nor should you. Since it has become damaged through no fault of DJI or their equipment it is doubtful but you never know.

What issues are you having as a result of the long screws?

I would not expect them to cover it nor should you. Since it has become damaged through no fault of DJI or their equipment it is doubtful but you never know.

What issues are you having as a result of the long screws?

ESC error. Motors not spinning up. I'm assuming screws damaged motors but cannot open or will void warranty.

I believe the ESC's on the P3's are on the main board, so it wouldn't of damaged them, even if they are not there the older location was midway down the arm. If they do not want to warranty it I would open it up and take a peek at what happened. Maybe the screw went into the motor windings?

Oh yeah... It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I believe the ESC's on the P3's are on the main board, so it wouldn't of damaged them, even if they are not there the older location was midway down the arm. If they do not want to warranty it I would open it up and take a peek at what happened. Maybe the screw went into the motor windings?

Oh yeah... It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.
I believe that to be the case. I partially blame DJI because at one point in time the guard kit was excepted until they shipped out another one with shorter screws. Do you have a recommendation where to purchase new motors if they are in fact damaged? Thank you.

I believe that to be the case. I partially blame DJI because at one point in time the guard kit was excepted until they shipped out another one with shorter screws. Do you have a recommendation where to purchase new motors if they are in fact damaged? Thank you.
The fastest shipping would be amazon, it all depends if you have the 2312 or 2312A motors, do you have the updated board & motors or the old style? Check the pictures to the links below & match the pic to your motor if your unsure, & order as needed. Keep in mind, each listing is for one motor, for 4 motors you will spend about $80, if they are the updated motors being 2312A you would be best ordering from HeliPal
2312 Motors Amazon (CW & you would need 2 of these) - http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-P...id=1445125786&sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+3+motor
2312 Motors Amazon (CCW & you would need 2 of these) - http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-P...id=1445125786&sr=8-2&keywords=phantom+3+motor
2312A Motors HeliPal (CW & Upgraded version of 2312) - DJIP3-095 2312A Motor (CW)
2312A Motors HeliPal (CCW & Upgraded version of 2312) - DJIP3-094 2312A Motor (CCW)

Good luck!

The fastest shipping would be amazon, it all depends if you have the 2312 or 2312A motors, do you have the updated board & motors or the old style? Check the pictures to the links below & match the pic to your motor if your unsure, & order as needed. Keep in mind, each listing is for one motor, for 4 motors you will spend about $80, if they are the updated motors being 2312A you would be best ordering from HeliPal
2312 Motors Amazon (CW & you would need 2 of these) - http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-P...id=1445125786&sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+3+motor
2312 Motors Amazon (CCW & you would need 2 of these) - http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-P...id=1445125786&sr=8-2&keywords=phantom+3+motor
2312A Motors HeliPal (CW & Upgraded version of 2312) - DJIP3-095 2312A Motor (CW)
2312A Motors HeliPal (CCW & Upgraded version of 2312) - DJIP3-094 2312A Motor (CCW)

Good luck!
Thank you for the info. How can I tell which motor is the issue? They all spin by hand "freely". One feels as if it has more friction than the others.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. How can I tell which motor is the issue? They all spin by hand "freely". One feels as if it has more friction than the others.
I think there is a machine, that you can hook the ESC's up too, but you will probably spend more money on the testing machine then you would new motors.... you would probably be better off buying the motors, & replacing them all. Did you order directly from DJI or a re seller? If a re seller, are you still within your 30 day return window?

I think there is a machine, that you can hook the ESC's up too, but you will probably spend more money on the testing machine then you would new motors.... you would probably be better off buying the motors, & replacing them all. Did you order directly from DJI or a re seller? If a re seller, are you still within your 30 day return window?
Ordered directly from dji. The motors have a six month warranty while the esc has a 12 month warranty. I'm on the six month this month. Fingers crossed. I'm going to try and go the warranty route to see if they fix it. If that does not work I will most likely purchase the motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor