Phantom 2 Fell Out of Sky

Reaction score
So I was out flying right now, everything seemed fined then out of nowhere the phantom 2 starts rocking and seems unstable then starts dropping altitude till it eventually crashes. Everything seems fine but what could cause something like this? Or how do I prevent this from happening? Lastly what are some good things to do/check for after your phantom crashes?

2 most common errors:
1. Prop wash
2. Battery failure

When was the last time you used that battery? Is it swollen/any tears?

Were you descending full left stick down just before that?

2 most common errors:
1. Prop wash
2. Battery failure

When was the last time you used that battery? Is it swollen/any tears?

Were you descending full left stick down just before that?

Thank you for the reply, what do you mean by prop wash?

The battery is very new, I think it was my 3 or 4 time using it. No tears or swelling that I know of. I was descending but I don't think I had the stick all the way down.

Then it was probably prop wash. Prop wash is what happens when you descend for an extended period of time at a fairly fast rate. The Phantom eventually does not have the proper lift necessary to provide the needed thrust. Most likely, even at full throttle your Phantom just wobbled then bounced off the ground real quick. Is this accurate?

Its because the Phantom gets within a foot or so of the ground, the ground stops the prop wash, and the bounce give it a lift out of its prop wash. I imagine you were fine after the bounce?

Then it was probably prop wash. Prop wash is what happens when you descend for an extended period of time at a fairly fast rate. The Phantom eventually does not have the proper lift necessary to provide the needed thrust. Most likely, even at full throttle your Phantom just wobbled then bounced off the ground real quick. Is this accurate?

Its because the Phantom gets within a foot or so of the ground, the ground stops the prop wash, and the bounce give it a lift out of its prop wash. I imagine you were fine after the bounce?

That sounds about right, so to prevent that I would need to bring the phantom down slower. The Phantom was wobbling but didn't bounce back of the ground because it tipped over upon hitting the ground. The phantom seems fine the only thing I've notice now it that it doesn't hold it's position well. It drifts and floats even with little to no wind. It will slowly descend towards the ground or drift to the left or right by several feet(10ft+) I've recalibrate but it still seems to do this. At times the copter will seem very unstable, like if a lot of wind is pushing it even if there is no wind.

That sounds about right, so to prevent that I would need to bring the phantom down slower. The Phantom was wobbling but didn't bounce back of the ground because it tipped over upon hitting the ground. The phantom seems fine the only thing I've notice now it that it doesn't hold it's position well. It drifts and floats even with little to no wind. It will slowly descend towards the ground or drift to the left or right by several feet(10ft+) I've recalibrate but it still seems to do this. At times the copter will seem very unstable, like if a lot of wind is pushing it even if there is no wind.
You did a compass calibration and an IMU calibration. If i'm not mistaken, the IMU calibration has to be done through the Phantom Assistant software, but it basically levels out the Phantom.

You did a compass calibration and an IMU calibration. If i'm not mistaken, the IMU calibration has to be done through the Phantom Assistant software, but it basically levels out the Phantom.
I think I did both, I did the compass calibration before flight by rotating it. I've also connected the Phantom to the assistant software and I did the calibration through that as well. At least I think I did.

With the IMU calibration is very important to have the Phantom absolutely level... you are setting the base line for level flight, if it's on a slight angle it will fly all over the place trying to keep to this angle..
It will think that it's level when it's flying at an angle and you can rapidly lose control.

Reactions: TulsaReiner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3