Phantom 2 Battery issue.

Reaction score
Hi all, searched some threads with similar issues but would like to confirm my thoughts.

First time I have flown in a while this evening (long story short I crashed about 8 months ago and havent really had the courage to go back out again). After charging and checking everything, took off, hovered for around 20 seconds, then red flashing lights and looking on my on screen display the battery % is dropping rapidly.

I descended and held on to it, and it felt like it could barely fly, again with the battery % dropping so fast, I reckon 2 minutes from 100% - 0%.

My worry is the battery is knackered (think I stored it at 100% for far too long).

Question is, are there any decent aftermarket batterys now, or even DJI ones for sale in UK and can I use Phantom 2 Vision ones?

Ive seen a few on Amazon, and this www.ebatteries.co.uk have some for sale.

Do any of you use aftermarket ones? I was looking at the EBL ones specifically.

Sorry to bore you all!

Jack

Hi all, searched some threads with similar issues but would like to confirm my thoughts.

First time I have flown in a while this evening (long story short I crashed about 8 months ago and havent really had the courage to go back out again). After charging and checking everything, took off, hovered for around 20 seconds, then red flashing lights and looking on my on screen display the battery % is dropping rapidly.

I descended and held on to it, and it felt like it could barely fly, again with the battery % dropping so fast, I reckon 2 minutes from 100% - 0%.

My worry is the battery is knackered (think I stored it at 100% for far too long).

Question is, are there any decent aftermarket batterys now, or even DJI ones for sale in UK and can I use Phantom 2 Vision ones?

Ive seen a few on Amazon, and this www.ebatteries.co.uk have some for sale.

Do any of you use aftermarket ones? I was looking at the EBL ones specifically.

Sorry to bore you all!

Jack

The biggest problem you are going to have is in finding aftermarket batteries that are not going to cost you £87.76 + shipping in the UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgraded-5...=5400mAh+11.1v+Batteries+for+phantom+2+vision

Here in the states, the same battery cost 42.00 pounds and up. What you want is type in 5400mAh 11.1volt battery for Phantom 2 vision in the search box and if just Phantom 2 nothing will come up.

The biggest problem you are going to have is in finding aftermarket batteries that are not going to cost you £87.76 + shipping in the UK.

Upgraded 11.1V 5400mAh 59.94Wh 10C Li-polymer Battery for DJI Phantom 2 / Vision / Vision: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Here in the states, the same battery cost 42.00 pounds and up. What you want is type in 5400mAh 11.1volt battery for Phantom 2 vision in the search box and if just Phantom 2 nothing will come up.

Hi thank you for the reply.

I have found some on ebay ( 11.1V 5200mAh Lipo Battery For DJI Phantom 2 Vision Intelligent Flight Battery | eBay ) that are £43 each, just slightly worried they're not legitimate but at that price I'm willing to take a punt.
Will let you know how it goes.

Thank you again.

Jack

Hi thank you for the reply.

I have found some on ebay ( 11.1V 5200mAh Lipo Battery For DJI Phantom 2 Vision Intelligent Flight Battery | eBay ) that are £43 each, just slightly worried they're not legitimate but at that price I'm willing to take a punt.
Will let you know how it goes.

Thank you again.

Jack

According to the serial numbers (733496), those are the first batteries DJI made for P2s. In 2015 they came out with a new run and the serial numbers (PH2). Now if they have a warranty on those then go for it as the price is fair. Here they were charging $129.00 USD but many dealers have stopped carrying them.

Hope you store them at 50% in the future and if they are going to be over the winter check that they haven't discharged below 20% once a month just to be safe.

Dont know about any one else but when I see this in the description it makes me wonder

"The Phantom 3 Vision flew for 27 minutes covering around 10 miles. This has never been achieved before"

Phantom 3 Vision ????

Of course, you may not realize that the link you posted only shows a description of the battery and not where and from whom to purchase it from.
Edited cheers

Edited cheers

What worries me about those batteries there three years old or older. The newer batteries which had the model number PH2 came out in the middle of 2015. So the price in the link you posted is a great price but how good are they after sitting on a shelf for 3 years. I'd rather buy an aftermarket battery then one 3years old. Of course, those of you who live in the UK don't have much of a choice in finding suitable replacements for the P2s as we do on this side of the pond.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Hey all, the one I ordered has arrived very quickly and worked well, had about 14 min fly time.

Its definitely not legitimate DJI battery but tbh it looks just as well made, and has all the same functions (including the hold down and seeing life left, not % of battery)

I shall indeed store them at 50% from now on, but to clarify, when should I worry about this? Overnight, a week, a month? I'm guessing if I'm not planing of flying for a while then do it.

Hey all, the one I ordered has arrived very quickly and worked well, had about 14 min fly time.

Its definitely not legitimate DJI battery but tbh it looks just as well made, and has all the same functions (including the hold down and seeing life left, not % of battery)

I shall indeed store them at 50% from now on, but to clarify, when should I worry about this? Overnight, a week, a month? I'm guessing if I'm not planing of flying for a while then do it.

If you intend to fly the next day charge it up but if because of either bad weather or let's say you're going out of town for a couple of weeks charge it to 50% (two LEDs) and that is all that is necessary.

If you intend to fly the next day charge it up but if because of either bad weather or let's say you're going out of town for a couple of weeks charge it to 50% (two LEDs) and that is all that is necessary.

Cheers bud. Much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl