Phantom 2 and Ground Station

Reaction score
I decided to rewrite this question and deleted my previous post

Ground Station

I have a Phantom 2 with Zen 2H3D gimbal, 600 mW Immersion Tx and IOSD Mini. If I buy this Data Link solution

http://www.amazon.com/Datalink-Bluetooth-Waypoint-Activation-Naza/dp/B00FEQG25C/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

do I have:

A complete, P2 (non vision) compatible system with current, working firmware?
FPV capability with my current On Screed Display capability?
IOS bluetooth compatibility for my iPad Air?

In short, if I buy what is on the above link, will it work without any additional HW needed and does DJI currently support its use on the Phantom 2?

Is this different than, compatible with, or part of the DJI Ground Station System?

I've been around several web sites, poking in various forums and am still confused. It looks as though DJI released this thing last year, but the Phantom 2 Non Vision was not supported. Now it appears people are using it, but it still seems to be problematic.

I know there are a couple of threads here on the subject, but I was hoping there might be something new to share

Yes that hardware package is all you need to add Groundstation to the P2, along with the P2 firmware update from a few days ago. You'll have all the capabilities you're asking about on that list, although I don't see an FPV monitor or receiver in your equipment, so you'll need those as well to see your FPV + OSD display (those functions aren't part of the groundstation setup)

OI Photography said:
Yes that hardware package is all you need to add Groundstation to the P2, along with the P2 firmware update from a few days ago. You'll have all the capabilities you're asking about on that list, although I don't see an FPV monitor or receiver in your equipment, so you'll need those as well to see your FPV + OSD display (those functions aren't part of the groundstation setup)

Yea, left that out. Diversity monitor.

Actually, I' just got my IOSD and will be getting the monitor/Tx tomorrow hopefully, so maybe wait a week or two for the ground station. I'll see if I can fly FPV without crashing or dunking it in the pond behind me.

Thanks, info out there is very contradictory. BTUs, Ground Stations, Data Links and now Lightbridge. Fortunately that last one is expensive enough I'll be buying a bigger drone before I have to worry about that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel