P4Pro or Mavic 2?

Everything I've seen online (and in person) shows the Mav 2 is by far the steadiest flying DJI drone I have ever seen...
So for that reason I would probably choose the Mav2 over P4 (plus Mav 2 isn't nearly as loud if you care about that)...
With that said I love my P4P V2 because it takes awesome video, pictures and I don't mind that it takes a full size back pack to carry it (back pack I got fits the P4 box perfectly)...
If I had 2K to toss (extra batteries, charge hub and carry case included) I would add a Mav 2 to what I already have...
..............................................................................................................................................................
Adding that my experience is that my P4P doesn't hold altitude steady as well as my P3P does :confused:
After hundreds of flights with both P3P and P4P I have to say that I'm disappointed with how my P4P doesn't hold altitude as well as my P3P does,
but I got used to watching and having to correct for it (only when flying LOW or close to objects like trees)...

That honestly isn't a big deal for "normal flying" but my favorite thing to do is tracking boats "at low altitude" and that's easier to do with my P3P (especially mentally) for two reasons:
1: The P4 is heavier than the P3 so it reacts noticeably slower (another reason to get Mavic if you want to fly "sporty"), so it took some time getting used to "anticipating" increase/decrease speeds and or changing direction sooner.
2: My P4 always DROPS a bit of altitude when I go from hover to moving (AND during movement sometimes) so I not only have to concentrate on tracking/framing the boats properly, I also have to concentrate on keeping the altitude steady...

That's not a big deal when your above 20-30Ft (I don't even notice it above 50Ft) but when I'm only 10Ft above the water (sometimes lower)
it IS A BIG DEAL because it not only changes the view/perspective of what I'm tracking, it "adds another dimension to concentrate on" o_O keeping the height perspective steady AND obviously not wanting to LOOSE it in the WATER...

I LOVE my P3P but it doesn't do 4K at 60fps (needed for smooth video when high speed tracking), can't fly 45mph (won't keep up with boats over 35mph) and the batteries don't last as long...

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94