P4P Which display, IPad 10.5 Pro or The Unreliable CS Ultra? Dilemma

Both the P4P+ tablet and all CS tablets are running buggy customized Android versions of GO 4, and all give up the stability and capability of the DJI iOS GO 4 app and expertise of the DJI iOS development team, that has proven that they can run circles around their incompetent Android brethren at DJI. Any CS tablet that cannot run iOS GO 4 will always be flawed, no matter how bright it is! Get a much larger iPad Pro 9.7" for less money, and enjoy the best iOS versions of GO 4 DJI available with frequent updates and enhancements, along with availability of all 3rd party apps. Get a hood, fly under an umbrella, or wear a black cloth while flying, if you can't find any shade, and still want a "brighter" screen. :cool:

Last edited:
Hands down the iPad Pro 10.5! This lets you take care of everything in one spot.

The DroneBase Clients (if you ever go commercial) are demanding iPads for their missions and I’ve been cleaning up here lately!

Reactions: Studiovape
Hands down the iPad Pro 10.5! This lets you take care of everything in one spot.

The DroneBase Clients (if you ever go commercial) are demanding iPads for their missions and I’ve been cleaning up here lately!
DJI now even admits that bugs in the CS tablet apps were causing bogus NFZ readings at random and forcing aircraft to land in place wherever it occurred! This affected all aircraft controlled by CS tablets, including expensive $6,000 I2 rigs with X5S cameras and removable lenses! Beware the CS tablets! They can drown your bird! On the latest CS FW, that bug has supposedly been fixed, but what others lurk within the kloodgy Android code, or will be introduced in the future, by the same incompetent DJI Android team that was capable of such a gaff in the first place? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Studiovape
Just a quick update. I received my P4P+ controller and got a chance to fly with it today, flew all three batteries and no problems, could see the screen fine although it was later in the afternoon. I do like the All in one setup, of course a bigger screen would be nice however it's very light in weight with the 5.5 display. Maybe the controllers for the camera settings could be a little snappier, but apart from that all very good, at the very least it's a competent stand in until another screen/tablet supplier/maker gets all their ducks in a line as far as offering a bright, reliable, nippy and drone friendly option.
I can't see much improvement on the CS UB 7.85 camp judging by all the still complaining unhappy customers, and although the IPAD Pro 10.5 has a lot going for it, $1000 for a not bright enough option is a still a hard sell to me.

Just a quick update. I received my P4P+ controller and got a chance to fly with it today, flew all three batteries and no problems, could see the screen fine although it was later in the afternoon. I do like the All in one setup, of course a bigger screen would be nice however it's very light in weight with the 5.5 display. Maybe the controllers for the camera settings could be a little snappier, but apart from that all very good, at the very least it's a competent stand in until another screen/tablet supplier/maker gets all their ducks in a line as far as offering a bright, reliable, nippy and drone friendly option.
I can't see much improvement on the CS UB 7.85 camp judging by all the still complaining unhappy customers, and although the IPAD Pro 10.5 has a lot going for it, $1000 for a not bright enough option is a still a hard sell to me.
The 4x larger new 9.7" iPad is plenty fast enough and bright enough for under $300. Apple 9.7" iPad MP2F2LL/A B&H Photo Video Fly during the golden hours for the best lighting for aerial photography and video, and you won't need a brighter screen. If you do, just get a $20 hood, or throw a black cloth over your head, or fly from shade or under a golf umbrella. Best of all, you'll never be stuck only using the inferior Android version of GO 4. The iOS version will always be the best available with frequent updates. :cool:

I think the Pro 4+ controller is underpowered but the screen is indeed a bit brighter.
I also have a standard controller which I used with a Nexus 9 but it lagged and greenscreened and was generally a bit crap.
All the sympoms of an underpowered device. I see the same laggyness and occasional greenscreen, lockups and outright app crashes on the + controller.

Having purchased an Ipad 5 2017 I have had very few problems. I think software stability with adequate hardware giving enough processing and gfx power far outweighs screen brightness when you can just find some shadowy tree or get a shade.

The market is missing a beefy tablet with a bright display, mostly because bright screens kill battery.

The 4x larger new 9.7" iPad is plenty fast enough and bright enough for under $300. Apple 9.7" iPad MP2F2LL/A B&H Photo Video Fly during the golden hours for the best lighting for aerial photography and video, and you won't need a brighter screen. If you do, just get a $20 hood, or throw a black cloth over your head, or fly from shade or under a golf umbrella. Best of all, you'll never be stuck only using the inferior Android version of GO 4. The iOS version will always be the best available with frequent updates. :cool:
Flying during the "golden hours" is a. Very small window indeed in Qld Australia,and would not make the drone a viable tool integrated into my real estate photography packages. When the sun goes down here it plummets rather than falls. Most of my shoots are from 10am to 3:30pm.
Brutal sun is the norm here.

Flying during the "golden hours" is a. Very small window indeed in Qld Australia,and would not make the drone a viable tool integrated into my real estate photography packages. When the sun goes down here it plummets rather than falls. Most of my shoots are from 10am to 3:30pm.
Brutal sun is the norm here.
I really tried to like the P4P+. I actually did like everything, exept the tiny screen and the buggy crashing software it ran on. Took 4 months for the very first update to be released to the P4P+. In the interim, the iOS GO 4 version for the P4P had three successive updates, and was running circles around the P4P+. Unfortunate. Those Android chaps at DJI are definitely from the runts of the litter! That was over a year ago. Things have changed slightly. They finally now support running 3rd party apps. Only took a year! :eek:

Quick update:
I am very happy with the P4P+ controller, the screen could be brighter and bigger sure, but having stayed with a reliable version/update and not updating to any new offerings I have a reliable stable setup.
The Ipad would just not cut it as far as brightness in my usage.
I am still keen to hear reports that the CS ultra bright has resolved it's teething problems with overheating and flickering, and assuming I do I will move to that down the line, In the meantime I have a system that WORKS for me.

Quick update:
I am very happy with the P4P+ controller, the screen could be brighter and bigger sure, but having stayed with a reliable version/update and not updating to any new offerings I have a reliable stable setup.
The Ipad would just not cut it as far as brightness in my usage.
I am still keen to hear reports that the CS ultra bright has resolved it's teething problems with overheating and flickering, and assuming I do I will move to that down the line, In the meantime I have a system that WORKS for me.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Glad it is working for you! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl