P4P V2.0 on the way...recommendations?

Reaction score
Been flying DJI products since the P3. Have had the P3, Spark, M2 Platinum, DJI FPV and A2S. I'm now drone-less. Wanted to get the P4P V2.0 in order to be able to earn money with it.
Other than my previous experience with the Phantom line, what should I be on the lookout for, what tablet recommendations, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Love my p4p v2. Been a great drone for everything including mapping I use the standard controller with a Tripltek 7 Pro and Lifthor tablet holder.

Just flew my V2.0 for the first time this afternoon. It yaws without input and yaws inconsistently (speeds up and slows down) with input. I'm going to have to go back to my V1.

That's disappointing, it did that despite the whole calibration bit?

Just flew my V2.0 for the first time this afternoon. It yaws without input and yaws inconsistently (speeds up and slows down) with input. I'm going to have to go back to my V1.
I think this was not the question.

I use a 7.85 Crystalsky High Brightness tablet. Haven't needed to use a hood in bright sun.

You can see how stable it is, hands off sticks, while hovering by the train tunnel.

Been flying DJI products since the P3. Have had the P3, Spark, M2 Platinum, DJI FPV and A2S. I'm now drone-less. Wanted to get the P4P V2.0 in order to be able to earn money with it.
Other than my previous experience with the Phantom line, what should I be on the lookout for, what tablet recommendations, etc.

Thanks in advance!
I was wondering if you decided on the Phantom 4 V2 , and really the only thing you have to look out for is the Battery coming loose as there are a lot of hits on the Forum as to this topic .

I made a video demonstrating how easy it is for that to happen. Once your aware , should not be an issue.
Other than that is a fantastic drone , enjoy.

Battery Dislodge

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom 4 in the Rain , Float on the Water.

Reactions: gcopter1
True, the OP didn't specifically ask about faults. But he did ask, "what should I be on the lookout for", so I'm going to claim relevance all the same.
I happened to watch the other day on YT, a video from from a guy who was experiencing the yaw problem.
He solved his problem by recalibrating the IMU (?).
Wondering if this is a fix for some or for all?

He solved his problem by recalibrating the IMU (?).
Wondering if this is a fix for some or for all?
If I remember from past reading,(many months ago)there may have been some that benefited from this. This seemed to be hit or miss in several respects.

A friendly member here pointed this out to me recently:

Correcting Yaw issues
This link keeps showing up in different threads and has YET to be substantiated.
I am certainly not the expert on this form of remedy, but I’ve never thought any form of magnetism around these flying cameras would be beneficial.
Are you willing to try this method and report your findings?

I currently have 6 drones, I think my record was 11 or perhaps 12 but it has always been the case for me that if you held a gun to my head and told me I had to sell them all except one it would be a P4P V2.0 that I would keep. Yes, it’s a little bulky compared to the folding models but to this day anything I can do with the other aircraft I can do at a pinch with a P4P v2.0 where as the reverse does not hold true.

Be particular with battery insertion and seating, avoid hard landings and hand catching where possible so as not to get stress fractures in the landing gear and if possible get a props on case as I’ve been told that constant removal and replacement of props will require re tensioning or replacement of the prop loading springs periodically.

Regards
Ari

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl