P4P repair help after minor bingle

Reaction score
Hi all
New pilot who made a rookie mistake in the park flying sideways looking at screen tracking my boy playing cricket when I clipped the top of a basket ball stand. End result was a crash that bent one of the legs in a little towards the camera, popping two of the screw covers that hold the legs off. I have been able to bend the leg back mostly so the gimbal cover fits again but noticed electronics in the leg. Is there any issue unscrewing the leg so I can see if I can bend it further without putting pressure on the two little screws holding the leg to the body?
Cheers

First, are you getting any error messages? If the answer is no leave it alone. You can buy new legs for about $40 but they are a pain to change.

First, are you getting any error messages? If the answer is no leave it alone. You can buy new legs for about $40 but they are a pain to change.
Cheers - seemed to fly okay after. Had a message to land due to downwards sensors not working, landed and restarted and everything seemed fine. I do find I get some odd notices of errors in this area, but put that down to very bad wifi and 4g service area. Local telcos struggle to get signal and a wireless keyboard or mouse has issues connecting to a laptop within 1 meter, so will take it out for a bigger flight this weekend at a safe location
They make gimbal guards that go in between the legs. I'd get one of those to hold the leg in the right spot.
Yep, I have one. Didn’t have it on at the time being in light grass park, but it would have helped keep the leg in shape if it was connected. Will use it always now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164