P4P flying from inside car?

I live in northern Minnesota, where winters are less than hospitable. I was dieing to fly my new P3SE, so I took it to the park and flew till my fingers were numb, landed the drone and sat in the car to warm up my hands. My wife said "why don't you just fly it from inside the car", which was an extremely appealing idea. As soon as my fingers thawed, I tried it and it worked great. I only flew it out in front of the car where I had clear line of sight. I was able to practice POI and waypoint missions without freezing my digits.
On the opposite side of the coin, in So. Calif it will occasionally get above 90F and my iPad Mini2 will overheat if I fly outside. So I will fly from inside the car with the air running. As long as I'm diligent about keeping the craft in front of the car with LOS through the windshield, I'm good. I've got over 1mi range from flying inside the car (P4P or P3P, FCC mode with windsurfer).

Other times I'll fly from the car just to get shade if no trees are around. It's can be more comfortable from the car. If I'm not on a 2+mile mission, flying from the car is viable. It's also a great way to keep people from seeing me fly, potentially complaining or making trouble by calling a LEO, even though I'm legally flying. Flying stealth helps prevent hassles.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Let me give you a little lesson, I’ve learned during my travels thru life! I’ve found that you’re better off just settling with someone, because no matter what you find, and grow tired of, you’ll only find another who also has things or problems you can’t deal with! Everyone of them have issues, it’s just a matter of finding that fine balance that you can deal with, otherwise, you’ll conduct that search forever! It’s kinda like taking that four mile flight over a forest, never knowing if you’ll make it back due to battery constraints, wondering which tree will you crash into, so fly wisely, and choose your landing spot!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I must admit that I was being facetious somewhat.

I understand what you are saying.

As this is a "flight forum" I wont bore you with my "life story," but a Bachelor life is for me.

Cheers mate and thanks again.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Let me give you a little lesson, I’ve learned during my travels thru life! I’ve found that you’re better off just settling with someone, because no matter what you find, and grow tired of, you’ll only find another who also has things or problems you can’t deal with! Everyone of them have issues, it’s just a matter of finding that fine balance that you can deal with, otherwise, you’ll conduct that search forever! It’s kinda like taking that four mile flight over a forest, never knowing if you’ll make it back due to battery constraints, wondering which tree will you crash into, so fly wisely, and choose your landing spot!
Maybe he's the one with all the issues! ;)
It's not you. It's me....:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3