P4p Flying above the water

"Disable VPS, fly at least 20m above water"
OK but what does that do or how does it help over-water flights?
Hi....

The questions are:

"Hi guys, I'm will sorry for my bad english but I'm a italian guy and my english is very poor ... :)
I live in Bellagio, near the lake of Como, and usually I fly near the Mountain. The days go on and now I want to Explore new area, here now rest only the lake ( to cross it I have about 3km), I have a lot of pain to cross the lake, because if I have fault of battery or engine ( motor), I have only to saw bye bye for my drone...the lake is deep 412mt.
Do you have experiens or many hour without problem due your drone? Now I have 90 hour of flight and I hope to fly more again but with the water is not possible take a prank.
Thanks a lot guys!
Ciao :)"

I suggest you before your reply , Read the answer!
I fly only above the water, the problem is not lost in the deep lake!

I not use the drone near the home, my minimum range is 5km and 3 above the water.
Are accept suggest how to have a fly SECURE above the water ( with low drain battery, is not possible plug a float of about 1kg)

Go for it! Some people had the "white knuckles" when flying over water ... It's only a mental barrier you must overcome, but once you do, you'll be fine ... Try to realize simple fact that in case of drone malfunctioning it doesn't really matter. It'll be signed off either way! I fly mostly over lakes, operating the drone from moving boat and with no solid ground to land. For this purpose I've developed custom landing gear, but still it will do nothing to avoid an battery or motor failure. Such device may keep the wreck on surface, but most likely the drone will be damaged beyond reparation ... Disable VPS, fly at least 20m above water, estimate the wind factor. Most importantly: fly within LOS ... Not enough fuel during RTH and the drone will land ...

Do you have a build video or log?

I not use the drone near the home, my minimum range is 5km and 3 above the water.
Are accept suggest how to have a fly SECURE above the water ( with low drain battery, is not possible plug a float of about 1kg)
Don't forget, the transmission range of the European phantom (CE) is less than the USA model.

From the DJI specs:

Max Transmission Distance2.400 - 2.483 GHz (Unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 4.3 mi (7 km)
CE: 2.2 mi (3.5 km)
SRRC: 2.5 mi (4 km)

5.725 - 5.825 GHz (Unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 4.3 mi (7 km)
CE: 1.2 mi (2 km)

So you won't be able to fly more than 3.5km before it initiates a RTH

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119