P4P crash

Your kind of missing the point, We are not talking about the battery falling out, we are talking about the battery just being a little loose and once it looses it connection for even a milisecond its going down.
So rubber bands, party tricks, super glue, tape, band aids are not going to cut it. You need to secure the battery properly Snug and tight. Between this forum the DJI forum and the private forums this happens a lot. Good luck but you cannot say you have not been warned.

If you get a loop of velcro, you will be able to keep the battery in and the pressure will prevent it from loosening. It also won't look ghetto, like gluing pieces on will, if you want it to look pretty or you want to sell it.

Like this:
straps-hookandloop_cinch_strap_black_closed.jpg

Last edited:
Why not Velcro? Put pieces of the loop part glued to the drone and battery. Then affix the hook part across them when the battery is installed. Reusable. Maybe if you want to go for less “give”, use the hard hook and loop stuff like that used on the EZ Pass mounting material used here in the U.S.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014...+dual+lock&dpPl=1&dpID=41PpwXymhwL&ref=plSrch

Or search for 3M Dual Lock and find more sizes such as rolls of it.
My knee-jerk answer is why not just make sure you drive the battery home solidly each time you put it in.

But 3M Dual Lock is great stuff and rated for wide temperature swings too. In the motorcycle world I've used it to secure GPS receivers to wind screens and in the tee vee studio we use it to hold up and secure all kinds of gadgets, scenery and cabling.

Speaking of the studio, gaffer's tape could also be useful.

But I think the cheapest most elegant solution is to make sure the battery is driven in solidly instead of *****-footing around, then give it a tug after to be sure. Just put the gimbal stabilizer thingy first. Takes another five seconds, eh?

Took the aircraft out today with the medical tape. Worked great. Extremely low profile and it is just enough to provide an extra layer of safety just in case any vibration buzzes the thing loose. Stayed on in -6C temps.
20180213_182033.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka